Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 3:53:17 PM EDT
Both my helmet and nightcap have my dual 14's a little close to my eyes. Fitting eye pro between my NOD's and face is TIGHT. Has anybody used the ops core snap shields as eye pro for shooting? https://shop.gentexcorp.com/ops-core-nvg-snap-shields/
I need to order a couple chin strap hardware kits anyway- is it worth throwing a set of these shields into the cart?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I guess that means they won't fit pvs14's then? If they could be adapted to fit, would they be worth having? Which then begs the question- can they be adapted to fit?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Copy, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for a 14 version. Unfortunately mounts are not in budget right now. I agree 100% on the eyes. I've got friends that had to medical retire due to loosing an eye. I'll start trying to look at other options for a little more standoff. Or just suck it up and deal with the eye pro resting on the 14 lenses.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I use these SMITH low profile goggles when shooting steel and they work good. I think you have a lot more options with your opscore though.

They clear better when I'm wearing vs this display

Stowed
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Ranger993:
I use these SMITH low profile goggles when shooting steel and they work good. I think you have a lot more options with your opscore though.

They clear better when I'm wearing vs this display 
https://i.imgur.com/C4vbwKi.jpg

Stowed 
https://i.imgur.com/VUnp8Rl.jpg
View Quote

@Ranger993
Can you tell me about the lens covers you’re using there?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By WhiteHotBrownDown:

@Ranger993
Can you tell me about the lens covers you’re using there?
View Quote

On the pvs14? Those are the ACT bikini covers, TNVC sells them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:05:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Appreciate it!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:55:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:56:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I Love how modded you’re MTEK to accept the BOA, that’s awesome, and if you ever want to
Make a few bucks I’d send you my flux to have converted
View Quote

Thanks for the compliment! It's best to mock up, test, and make adjustments before crimping the eyelets. I would hate to cut up your harness and it not fit right. Your more than welcome to borrow my tools and supplies, I think I had to buy a 100 pack of eyelets haha. It's really easy to do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top