Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 7:25:08 PM EDT
Just received a TNVC DVR for my new Trijicon Reap-Ir. I plugged the cable in and set everything up. Now I cannot get the cable to come off of the thermal.

Is there something I'm missing? Should just pull out, correct ?

I don't want to break anything.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s a set of dog ears on it. You’ve got to press it into unit, and simultaneously pull the collar back away from the unit , if memory is correct.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a set of dog ears on it. You've got to press it into unit, and simultaneously pull the collar back away from the unit , if memory is correct.
View Quote
I did what you said and I got it to come off.

Seems like a PITA to get to come off though. Maybe my fingers are to fat?

Thank you
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The cable is supposed to work that way. The connectors are very high quality, expensive, and designed to remain securely attached in rough use.
Trijicon and the cable manufacturer were smart to choose these.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The cable is supposed to work that way. The connectors are very high quality, expensive, and designed to remain securely attached in rough use.
Trijicon and the cable manufacturer were smart to choose these.
View Quote
It is definitely not coming loose on its own.
I like the quality of it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 1:10:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I just received my Hunter MK III but did not get the free DVR kit, they said there was a problem with them and when it got sorted out, I'd be receiving one.

How long have you had yours?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:58:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just received my Hunter MK III but did not get the free DVR kit, they said there was a problem with them and when it got sorted out, I'd be receiving one.

How long have you had yours?
View Quote
I just got mine a few days ago. After I placed my order I received a message from TNVC that there was a delay due to a battery issue that neded to be corrected.
They must have solved the problem because it came several days later.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I just got mine a few days ago. After I placed my order I received a message from TNVC that there was a delay due to a battery issue that neded to be corrected.
View Quote
Thanks... I'll send an e-mail and see what's up... thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 8:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The issue may be the battery for remote. My remote doesn't work so I opened it up to switch out batteries. The one in the remote had some tape wrapped around one end. Not sure why. I installed new battery but that didn't solve the problem.

This is not a dig on their products, I'm sure it's a minor issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top