Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:58:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gated tubes?
View Quote
It sounds like it. But these were a used kit that was traded in and refurbished, so I doubt they have data sheets.

Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks familiar.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good lilMAC25! Happy for you that a pretty negative situation turned out more than alright.

Let us know how they perform in the dark.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looks good lilMAC25! Happy for you that a pretty negative situation turned out more than alright.

Let us know how they perform in the dark.
View Quote
Thank you!

As far as the tubes go, they look great, but it’s a 100% full moon tonight, so it is hard to say how good or bad they are (gain wise)

I can say they are inclusion free.

I’m more than happy though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a nice setup, but I’m seriously considering selling and using the $ + other funds to purchase a really high end set....

Am I crazy?
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 12:31:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This is a nice setup, but I’m seriously considering selling and using the $ + other funds to purchase a really high end set....

Am I crazy?
View Quote
Logically no.

But personally I would keep a set of NVGs you got for free for nostalgic reasons.
Heck.....just for the story.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Logically no.

But personally I would keep a set of NVGs you got for free for nostalgic reasons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Am I crazy?
Logically no.

True, but the wife has ok’ed the sale and then purchase of a more ‘spensive set.

Ima FO like Ive only Fent a few times in my life!
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Night vision fever the best kind I love it
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Never sell. Only collect. Tell your Spousal Unit, it’s for her protection to defend her from the roving rape gangs during the apocalypse.

Works for me.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 11:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Never sell. Only collect. Tell your Spousal Unit, it’s for her protection to defend her from the roving rape gangs during the apocalypse.

Works for me.
View Quote

I already have other monocular units. Maybe I’ll sell those and move up...
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#11]
any hint who that seller is?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 3:07:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm pretty sure I was able to figure it out. Only a few people have had Photonis tubes for sale and I had bought tubes from one of them. I got his name from the PayPal transaction and Googled it. I was able to find his arrest record. He changed the last letter of his last name for the PayPal account.

I think his screen name should be posted publically because this person has sold a ton of tubes to a lot of us.

Edit: Sorry guys, he isn't in my feedback
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 3:14:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure I was able to figure it out. Only a few people have had Photonis tubes for sale and I had bought tubes from one of them. I got his name from the PayPal transaction and Googled it. I was able to find his arrest record. He changed the last letter of his last name for the PayPal account.

I think his screen name should be posted publically because this person has sold a ton of tubes to a lot of us.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.

I’ve got a PM out to an EE mod. I’ll post if he says it’s ok.

ETA:
I’ve been advised by EE Mod that unless I have proof positive of an arrest of the seller/poster I shouldn’t post his name in public. Therefore I won’t. Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:20:31 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm fine with not posting his name. Just his screen name. The people who had done business with him will know who they are once they know the screen name.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:25:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It sounds like it. But these were a used kit that was traded in and refurbished, so I doubt they have data sheets.
View Quote
It is very unlikely that a set of professionally made NODs would not be Milspec, or would not be matched tubes ( and hence, the Milspec ).

They make commercial aviation goggles too, but in the US, again, they would match these, and so would use Milspec tubes.

If you get the date, or the contract, you can guess the specs.

It's always nice to see honesty and good faith rewarded... :)

David.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#17]
If you bought something off a guy who was selling on the EE and the deal went bad enough that the cops got involved and the company he worked for confirmed it was him and he was selling stolen tubes and they even sent you a free AVS-9 for your statements, what else is needed for a heads-up to other users who may have also been victims? It almost feels criminal that the site would even want to suppress the information considering the member in question sold 200+ tubes to other arfcom members using the EE.

I don't agree with posting any of his personal information, but exactly what is the harm in posting the guy's username?
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If you bought something off a guy who was selling on the EE and the deal went bad enough that the cops got involved and the company he worked for confirmed it was him and he was selling stolen tubes and they even sent you a free AVS-9 for your statements, what else is needed for a heads-up to other users who may have also been victims? It almost feels criminal that the site would even want to suppress the information considering the member in question sold 200+ tubes to other arfcom members using the EE.

I don't agree with posting any of his personal information, but exactly what is the harm in posting the guy's username?
View Quote
I’ve provided some information to the EE Mod and he’s working with upper management site staff to see if we can post the info.

They want to prevent an AROCKing, and I understand that.
Link Posted: 4/22/2019 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It is very unlikely that a set of professionally made NODs would not be Milspec, or would not be matched tubes ( and hence, the Milspec ).

They make commercial aviation goggles too, but in the US, again, they would match these, and so would use Milspec tubes.

David.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

David.
Thanks @cj7hawk , I’m sure they’re milspec, I just don’t know WHEN the system was originally built, so I don’t know which specs they’re made to.

Apparently, you can’t use the flashlight trick to see the contract # on these due to a retaining ring. All I could see is “Roanoke, Virginia” (so I assume Harris) on either tube.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:27:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
So you know who this is AND he sold 200+ tubes on ARF?

If this is the case, I agree the username at the very least should be posted.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:33:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The former members account has been locked.
View Quote
Thanks.

Does that mean I can give his posting handle? Because supposedly he’s sold a ton of tubes on here (some folks say over 200). I wouldn’t post his name or any other info.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Let the EE staff/mods make that determination. I just know the account has been locked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The former members account has been locked.
Thanks.

Does that mean I can give his posting handle? Because supposedly he’s sold a ton of tubes on here (some folks say over 200). I wouldn’t post his name or any other info.

Thanks
Let the EE staff/mods make that determination. I just know the account has been locked.
Sounds good
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:22:05 AM EDT
[#25]
Being in aviation and knowing our service cycle of swapping our service anvis those should be nice. Most of our goggles in aviation don’t get a bunch of use but get treated externally hard. So in other words the tubes should have little use and tiny bit of light abuse with allot of external abuse that have nothing to do with the tubes. So if external looks good then chances are the tubes are in really good condition.

We are going to be swapping all ours out very soon for WP ones and I’m I’m kind of curious what the vender will do with all these units.

Our systems are highly tracked by us and the vender, it’s a big wonder why anyone would try to steal and sell anything nv related. Course being in aviation where a serialized bolt cost a few hundred dollars we always joke about selling stuff on eBay but someone got to be really literally insane to do it.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:08:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Being in aviation and knowing our service cycle of swapping our service anvis those should be nice. Most of our goggles in aviation don’t get a bunch of use but get treated externally hard. So in other words the tubes should have little use and tiny bit of light abuse with allot of external abuse that have nothing to do with the tubes. So if external looks good then chances are the tubes are in really good condition.

We are going to be swapping all ours out very soon for WP ones and I’m I’m kind of curious what the vender will do with all these units.

Out of curiosity what was the aviation company? ASU?

Our systems are highly tracked by us and the vender, it’s a big wonder why anyone would try to steal and sell anything nv related. Course being in aviation where a serialized bolt cost a few hundred dollars we always joke about selling stuff on eBay but someone got to be really literally insane to do it.
View Quote
Well, that’s good to hear (that these should be nice tubes)!
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#27]
I want wizard eyes so bad but I am one of the poors….
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 1:19:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I want wizard eyes so bad but I am one of the poors….
View Quote
EE has wizard eyes for good prices.... just saying
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 2:04:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I remember ASU reselling the used AVS' under the name Sportsman or something like that. The prices were great from what I remember. Hopefully they do that again versus through someone else but after this happening they probably want nothing to do with selling gear, lol.

Quoted:

Out of curiosity what was the aviation company? ASU?

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:18:58 PM EDT
[#30]
I’ve been advised by EE staff member tenewel that I can reveal the seller was Lamneth.

If anyone has dealt with him do not post his real world information.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Awesome outcome. Glad things worked out for ya.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:34:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I’ve been advised by EE staff member tenewel that I can reveal the seller was Lamneth.

View Quote
All of his feedback is tubes & ANVIS systems.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That guy is screwed. A recorded history of transactions selling stolen NV
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep, and those aren't even all the transactions. I know a few people who would just message him for tubes since he always had them (including me). I never considered them being stolen since they were commercial tubes...

I'm guessing he easily put over 100 stolen commercial tubes into the market. Probably even more.

I'm glad that they were good with releasing his username. It needed to be made public since he has sold tubes to so many people on here. The NV community is not very big.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:53:55 PM EDT
[#35]
It also does not mean 100% of what he sold was stolen. Still trying to figure that out, but he sold lots of tubes and pairs of tubes. Most of what he sold were pairs, so I am guessing he sold 300+ tubes.

He seemed like a nice guy when I dealt with him, and he implied he was a dealer that took these in on trade. Given the volume he sold, this was the one user I had hoped it wasn't. Since he worked in this industry, I guess it was just easier to pass himself off as legit. They were also commercial tubes, not milspec. Such a shame. :(
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, he’s been arrested, so...
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
I know. What I am saying is that there is a documented record of the sale of thousands of dollars in stolen equipment.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:58:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow I almost bought tubes from him a few times without thinking twice because of the commercial markings. Sorry for you guys that bought from him

Update -Apparently I bought a pvs7 tube last year I forgot about lol.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#39]
if the free tubes label say itt Roanoke then they might be the older blue label type - some of these were really nice tubes
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:14:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I know. What I am saying is that there is a documented record of the sale of thousands of dollars in stolen equipment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, gotcha.

A. Did realize until this morning how smart ass my reply sounded. Didn’t mean it that way.

B. Doesn’t necessarily mean everything he sold was stolen.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

if the free tubes label say itt Roanoke then they might be the older blue label type - some of these were really nice tubes
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:48:06 AM EDT
[#42]
Nice
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#43]
I think he worked for ITT.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I just got an email from DHS. Anyone else get one?
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#45]
I literally got a letter from DHS today stating that Im a witness/victim because i bought my tubes from him.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Following this thread
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#47]
I assume they are combing through his PayPal
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#48]
You guys think they’ll track down and recover stolen tubes? Probably lots of systems sitting without tubes if they do. I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:39:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You guys think they’ll track down and recover stolen tubes? Probably lots of systems sitting without tubes if they do. I hate thieves.
View Quote
Based on the letter, I think they will.

Link Posted: 4/25/2019 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow. I had no idea this would turn out in such a manner.

On the one hand, I’m glad they caught the dude, OTOH, I feel for the guys who purchased tubes from this guy and now will have to give them up. To those folks, I’m truly sorry.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top