Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2019 3:00:33 PM EDT
Has anybody used both? How does the Lucie compare?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 3:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hi , I have never used PVS 7 , though I used Thales Minie D ( evolution of the Lucie ) quite a lot and tbh honest I think it is a very nice nod due to many things ,

The unit is extremely lightweight , it comes in at 370g ( 13oz.) and it is also extremely flat which means it does not " hang " to the front as much as PVS 7 / 14 / 15. It's pretty comfortable to wear for extensive periods of time , even though the standard issue skullcrusher is pretty shit

The tube inside was also very good , I suspect it to be Photonis XR5 though I'm not 100% sure of this
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:59:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there even a source for these? Wouldn't mind adding one to the collection, seems nifty. I've only seen a couple get sold, all overseas, so prices were substantially higher than what's routine in the US.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 6:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Will’s Optics has them or can get them.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is there even a source for these? Wouldn't mind adding one to the collection, seems nifty. I've only seen a couple get sold, all overseas, so prices were substantially higher than what's routine in the US.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#4]
That’s what I like about it the compactness. Thinking of getting one vs a -7.

Quoted:
Hi , I have never used PVS 7 , though I used Thales Minie D ( evolution of the Lucie ) quite a lot and tbh honest I think it is a very nice nod due to many things ,

The unit is extremely lightweight , it comes in at 370g ( 13oz.) and it is also extremely flat which means it does not " hang " to the front as much as PVS 7 / 14 / 15. It's pretty comfortable to wear for extensive periods of time , even though the standard issue skullcrusher is pretty shit

The tube inside was also very good , I suspect it to be Photonis XR5 though I'm not 100% sure of this
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The one you would really want IMO is the thales Monie - it's a monocular variant instead of a biocular.

The minie-D/IR is pretty slick though, fusion lucie. Wonder what that costs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting. Thanks for the info

Quoted:
The one you would really want IMO is the thales Monie - it's a monocular variant instead of a biocular.

The minie-D/IR is pretty slick though, fusion lucie. Wonder what that costs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:35:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Never seen one in the wild. Looks screwy as heck but interesting idea.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you used a Gen 3 PVS-14 or other Gen 3 NVD with -14 optics? If so, how was the wider fov of the Lucie (supposed to be 51 degrees). Curious about edge distortion or the optics in general vs the -14's.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:42:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Have you used a Gen 3 PVS-14 or other Gen 3 NVD with -14 optics? If so, how was the wider fov of the Lucie (supposed to be 51 degrees). Curious about edge distortion or the optics in general vs the -14's.
View Quote
Indeed the fov is 51 degrees , the optics were very good as there was no edge distortion as far as I remember , the device is made by Thales Angenieux , Angenieux being a manufacturer of very high quality optics for cinema / photography / night vision. So I expect the lenses to be pretty good.

Sadly I do not have enough time behind this type of device to really tell the difference , though I should get a pvs 14ish monocular this week , then i'd be glad to give you my feedback
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 6:32:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top