Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2019 11:08:26 PM EDT
I found one of these for a really good price and am thinking about picking it up to put on my 9mm SBR.  Anyone have any experience with these or the brand in general?

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link hot here: https://www.nightoptics.com/product/NC50.htm

Interesting looking.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
No pressure pad support. Uses CR2 batteries. Made by a company that seems a little... off? Good concept though.

Also, check out the listings on Night Optics for goggles. I've never heard of any of these housings and from the description you can barely tell what tubes are in them. Clicking around the website, it's weird that I've never heard of any of these products or brands. I'm betting many of their products are proprietary and assembled in house. I get the feeling that a lot of the non-critical parts like housings are cheap imports though.

Are these dual tubes with no interpupillary adjustment?? https://www.nightoptics.com/product/NG-321F3BW.htm
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:49:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No pressure pad support. Uses CR2 batteries. Made by a company that seems a little... off? Good concept though.

Also, check out the listings on Night Optics for goggles. I've never heard of any of these housings and from the description you can barely tell what tubes are in them. Clicking around the website, it's weird that I've never heard of any of these products or brands. I'm betting many of their products are proprietary and assembled in house. I get the feeling that a lot of the non-critical parts like housings are cheap imports though.

Are these dual tubes with no interpupillary adjustment?? https://www.nightoptics.com/product/NG-321F3BW.htm
View Quote
Nothing off about the company. They’ve been around forever and they make nice stuff. TNVC carried their D series scopes for years. The dual tube device you linked is a true handheld binocular (3x) that can be converted to a head mounted bino NVG system. It ain’t gonna be Sentinels or DTNVGs, because that’s not the market they are shooting for.

As to the LAM in the OP, Adding a pressure pad connection would increase cost, size, and weight when the linked LAM is clearly intended to reduce that. It has a pressure switch built into each side (left and right) of the unit anyways.

I’d like to try one of those things out myself, OP.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Tagging this.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nothing off about the company. They’ve been around forever and they make nice stuff. TNVC carried their D series scopes for years. The dual tube device you linked is a true handheld binocular (3x) that can be converted to a head mounted bino NVG system. It ain’t gonna be Sentinels or DTNVGs, because that’s not the market they are shooting for.

As to the LAM in the OP, Adding a pressure pad connection would increase cost, size, and weight when the linked LAM is clearly intended to reduce that. It has a pressure switch built into each side (left and right) of the unit anyways.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. Good to go. I had a D300 from TNVC many, many years that had their sticker on it. They now call it the Ambia. TNVC sister site carries them. I don't know who assembles those as I've never asked but if all you could afford is 1400 and wanted a factory system, it's a great for bang for the buck gen 2 system and they have a standard pvs14 thread pitch for j arms.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:49:04 PM EDT
[#6]
$539 is way too close to legit LAM prices for me to jump on something like that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 12:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I found one for $350, now im running the debate if its worth it to spend $300 more on a CQBL or DBAL, or even just go with an OTAL.

I have an ATPIAL and CQBL already, but want something on my PCC.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep. Good to go. I had a D300 from TNVC many, many years that had their sticker on it. They now call it the Ambia. TNVC sister site carries them. I don't know who assembles those as I've never asked but if all you could afford is 1400 and wanted a factory system, it's a great for bang for the buck gen 2 system and they have a standard pvs14 thread pitch for j arms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The D series is a Russian housing. The tubes in the Gen 3s are US made. I would like to see one with the new super high res 4Gs in it.

Edit: the D series I was referring to are the dedicated rifle scopes. Not sure about the monocular housings.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like the IR version of this
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 1:14:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$539 is way too close to legit LAM prices for me to jump on something like that.
View Quote
I got a dval 9007 new in box for around that.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 2:59:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I found one for $350, now im running the debate if its worth it to spend $300 more on a CQBL or DBAL, or even just go with an OTAL.

I have an ATPIAL and CQBL already, but want something on my PCC.
View Quote
I would snag a dbal or otal. Those 2 are as cheap as I'm personally willing to go
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top