BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I just cut and spliced the wire to the switch I wanted. Not hard at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My Perst1 at the start of the year took 10 days to arrive with expedited shipping.  My Perst4 just arrived after 2 months with normal shipping.  For what its worth.

The gen3 green+ Perst4 is bright as heck, I am just waiting for someone to figure out the unity taps mod with this new version, as firing the illum and laser I have at the same time would be the way to go.

Could Cutting/Splicing to a SureFire or HotButton Pressure Swith cause a good amount of Battery Drainage..?? I’ve watched a few Videos on YT and Followed a few Members directions on here to make sure it was done correctly..
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I see a lot of mentions of different vendors.  Is there much price difference between vendors?  Who are the best vendors for these?

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I see a lot of mentions of different vendors.  Is there much price difference between vendors?  Who are the best vendors for these?

TIA,
Sid
View Quote

If you read the last 69 pages it goes pretty in depth on the questions.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Could Cutting/Splicing to a SureFire or HotButton Pressure Swith cause a good amount of Battery Drainage..?? I’ve watched a few Videos on YT and Followed a few Members directions on here to make sure it was done correctly..
View Quote

This won't happen if done right. If you were to splice wire that's too long or too thin, you could get a voltage drop.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My understanding is that with the Gen3 models the wiring is different and a microprocesser/chip is in the switch, so it doesn't work like the Gen2's did.
View Quote

The Gen 3 circuitry is different but I never heard anything about a chip in the switch...source?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#6]
My P4 Gen 3 is still a captive of Russia Post (uplifted status since 4-10)...what's amazing is I've received three IR illuminators from Belarus during this period and each time they only took two days, customs and all.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's weird his listing are all still there and the option to purchase as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I noticed today that eBay just shut down the guy selling Perst 4s with quick delivery. I know this because I ordered one and eBay emailed me telling me they cancelled the order due to "problems with his account," whatever that means.

That's weird his listing are all still there and the option to purchase as well.

The guy that got shut down was shipping them from New York with 7-10 day delivery...was going by daciaungur_-09
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is true for my gen 2.  Doesn't work for my gen 3.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just spliced a Modlite Modbutton Lite to the Perst 4 plug, works and looks great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:28:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't answer that question on the Gen 3. I have a gen 2.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 6:13:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes sir! Ordered 1/25 not knowing the next gen was coming out soon. That kept getting delayed until it finally shipped from RT 03/11, and my last update was 3/21 where the package was "Forwarded to the Carrier".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you order RT? When did yours ship?

Yes sir! Ordered 1/25 not knowing the next gen was coming out soon. That kept getting delayed until it finally shipped from RT 03/11, and my last update was 3/21 where the package was "Forwarded to the Carrier".

HOLY Shhhh11111ttttt!!!! Mine's at JFK!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 2:33:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I sent an email to Ivan just to ask if they had any insight regarding my P3 that's been sitting as "forwarded to carrier" since 3/21 as well. ...Turns out that fucker may actually be stuck in the Suez Canal lol. Their reply is as follows:

"Hi. Your parcel is one of those, that were exported on 21st of March. Russian post reported, that they all were forwarded via sea freight due to lack of flights, that are covid restricted. Sea transit can take 60-90 days. We had similar issues back in 2020, everything was delivered."

I still have hope it'll show back up after repairs!
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Im in cancuckistan,

purchased a holosun lg 221 but these perst 4s are looking tempting,

the only thing holding me back is the dirty laser, the bloom and artifacts,

I have no problem muzzle disciplining a high powered laser, safely, however, is the bloom / artifacts dangerous?

do you need to make sure nothing you want to blind is within 40 degrees of the laser center??

That is partly why I went holosun, low power, still effective, but clean,

Did I make a mistake?
View Quote
you really dont need a Full power pointer, the range of a civ legal IR laser with nods is as far as you could reasonably shoot anyways, its the illuminator that is almost useless in civ power.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:02:45 PM EDT
[#15]
who do i reach out to for warranty for zenitco?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
who do i reach out to for warranty for zenitco?
View Quote

The vendor you bought it from should facilitate the repairs. In my case it was Ivan Tactical.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I’m in same boat. Shipped 3/10, forwarded to carrier 3/21.  Still no movement as of now on any shipping trackers. Was almost excited to see the others say “JFK”, no bueno for us yet.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 9:08:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
you really dont need a Full power pointer, the range of a civ legal IR laser with nods is as far as you could reasonably shoot anyways, its the illuminator that is almost useless in civ power.
View Quote

A civilian laser can be hard to pick up when using a full power illuminator, especially one of the more powerful ones...so yes, sometimes you do need it.

When you don't you can turn it down.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Finally it’s at JFK too!
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 8:00:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Got @hallway_monitor perst press in disc things and they do clean up the vis laser but haven't gotten a chance to do it yet.  

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 9:21:50 AM EDT
[#21]
What is this press in disc thing?

I'm assuming it helps clean up the ir and visible laser bloom ?

I might need 4 if they work
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
What is this press in disc thing?

I'm assuming it helps clean up the ir and visible laser bloom ?

I might need 4 if they work
View Quote

A couple of pages back @hallway_monitor, wrote some code to print out a pattern generator of sorts to clean up the bloom.  It does a pretty good job of mitigating some of the artifacts from the dirty commie diodes.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 10:49:30 PM EDT
[#23]
@hallway_monitor I could use one of your covers and I'm  sure others in AZ could use one.

Bloom on mine is pretty bad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
@hallway_monitor I could use one of your covers and I'm  sure others in AZ could use one.

Bloom on mine is pretty bad.
View Quote

Hey guys yea, I recently sent out some prototypes to 3 other users on here who are going to be testing the IR laser and hopefully we’ll get some pictures soon. I’m poor and I can’t afford NODS.

If it all works out I’ll be making them available soon.  Stay tuned!

Edit: is anyone familiar with the rules regarding vendors? Would I be able to post my ebay link here?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:43:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’m in same boat. Shipped 3/10, forwarded to carrier 3/21.  Still no movement as of now on any shipping trackers. Was almost excited to see the others say “JFK”, no bueno for us yet.
View Quote

Mine showed up out of nowhere this past Saturday after being repaired! Took 5 months from sending it off to getting it back...
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Covers from hallway monitor.
Perst 4 gen 2

Unfiltered green

Filtered green with IR hole covered

Filtered green

WP unfiltered IR

WP filtered IR

GP unfiltered IR

GP filtered IR

It helps the viz green quite a bit but it does still spill out of the IR hole. IR spill is completely eliminated with my example. I'll try it with my P3 here soon. The cover has stayed put after a few hundred rounds on my rifle.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 2:58:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Is there some sort of failsafe to disable the ir functions during shipping? Just received my p3 the other day, visible works fine (red indicator led lights up) but none of the ir functions work including the blue led. I put in a new battery to double check function but no change. Im either doing something wrong or I waited almost four months for a busted unit.

ETA
My unit is definitely defective. The vis laser works in the off position.
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 3:22:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Is there some sort of failsafe to disable the ir functions during shipping? Just received my p3 the other day, visible works fine (red indicator led lights up) but none of the ir functions work including the blue led. I put in a new battery to double check function but no change. Im either doing something wrong or I waited almost four months for a busted unit.

ETA
My unit is definitely defective. The vis laser works in the off position.
View Quote

Igor must have been hung over from Vodka Gel (yes thats a thing is Russia) when he assembled it.

Keep us posted on the warranty work. What’s another 4-6 months?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:08:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:31:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Well, can confirm, turbo mode is rediculous in IR. I also have no battery drain issues because they installed a CR123 before they shipped it and when I got it almost 5 months later, it was still good to go.

In case no one saw the previous post by....I forgot who, I'm sorry, but to go into Turbo Mode for gen 3 Perst 3's, quick tap to go to constant on, then press again, but hold for about 3 seconds to summon the Soviet Jedi. I would recommend doing this outside only. There's not even any point doing it inside. I thought my Perst was broken before realizing my tubes were just autogating harder and harder the more I turned up the Perst.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Anyone know the height over rail and the horizontal distance of the laser to bore centerline for the Perst-3?
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:51:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Alright gents, after working on this project close to 2 months, buying a new 3D printer, and sending out a few prototypes, I'm finally making these available on ebay for $7 each. I am not sure about the rules as it relates to posting the ebay link directly here. But what I can tell you is that if you search on ebay for 'zenitco perst laser covers' you'll find it. Or PM me and I'll send you the link.

The covers are made of TPU so you can paint them whatever color you'd like. The cover itself will vary slightly in color (matte black vs shiny) due to the fact that the 3D print bed is inconsistent. I also recommend using a bit of blue loctite to secure the cover once you've aligned it. According to one of the users on here it's stood up to recoil without loctite, but I still recommend using a small drop just in case.

Here are some pics so you see what I came up with:

Thanks to @arshooter91 and @twistid1 for trying out the prototypes and sending me some pics!
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Just ordered thanks
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Alright gents, after working on this project close to 2 months, buying a new 3D printer, and sending out a few prototypes, I'm finally making these available on ebay for $7 each. I am not sure about the rules as it relates to posting the ebay link directly here. But what I can tell you is that if you search on ebay for 'zenitco perst laser covers' you'll find it. Or PM me and I'll send you the link.

The covers are made of TPU so you can paint them whatever color you'd like. The cover itself will vary slightly in color (matte black vs shiny) due to the fact that the 3D print bed is inconsistent. I also recommend using a bit of blue loctite to secure the cover once you've aligned it. According to one of the users on here it's stood up to recoil without loctite, but I still recommend using a small drop just in case.

https://i.imgur.com/zCLFFTD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/m0djNI3.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/P4kVYwq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5RBjwS9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jUZcDqd.jpg

Thanks to @arshooter91 and @twistid1 for trying out the prototypes and sending me some pics!
View Quote

Can confirm it cuts down on the bloom and artifacts significantly. I’ll get some pics loaded up tomorrow of the (2) P2s and (1) P3 I installed the filters on earlier this evening. Only one IR comparison, but I hope to get another, better set of filtered/unfiltered pics, taken tomorrow night outdoors where I think it was even more noticeable.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:25:15 AM EDT
[#35]
I received the 3D printed filters from @hallway_monitor a couple weeks back and finally had some time to mess with them last night on (2) PERST-2s and (1) PERST-3. These are not the newest gen units, but are all green+ models.

First off, the pics do not accurately convey the amount of spillage the filters clean up on the viz or IR laser. The set up in my basement has all sorts of reflective surfaces between the location where I was sitting and the back door, located approx. 6yds away. This lead to a lot of light coming back towards the camera (an iPotato) and/or RNVGs I used for the IR pics.

I looked at all three IR lasers outdoors with the filters off and on multiple times and the difference was very noticeable. Specifically, the halo which is slightly noticeable in the photos posted by @ARShooter91 are present up close with all three of my PERST units, but it was mitigated with the filters in place. I'm going to try to rig up a way to have the rifles remain in the same spot outdoors this evening while I photograph through a tube on the RNVG and add/remove the filters to get a more accurate representation of the benefits these filter appear to be providing.

Up first, we'll call it P2.1 unfiltered.

Attachment Attached File

Then P2.1 with the filter installed. When compared to the other pics below you can tell I had the filter slightly obscuring the visible laser, really cutting down on the output and jacking up the iPotato's ability to focus on the far door/impact area. I'd say this is not an accurate depiction of what a properly aligned filter looks like, but I forgot to get another pic once I fixed the issue and am putting this here for reference so others can see what "right, but not really" looks like with regards to getting the filter aligned properly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Additional posts for file size.

Here's P2.2 unfiltered

Attachment Attached File

And P2.2 with the filter in place. Again, the iPotato pics don't show the difference as well as the human eye, unfortunately. But to my eyes there was a significant difference with the lights on or off.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:28:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Up next the PERST-3

Unfiltered

Attachment Attached File

With filter in place

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Finally, my one attempt with the IR laser. Needed three hands to hold the iPotato up to the RNVG tube while trying to get it to focus on the same spot in each pic and hit the camera button once it was focused.

In typical ARF fashion, foot pics

Here's the location with the RNVG's onboard IR illuminator ON. Even with UF WP tubes it's too dark in the basement to really see much of anything without supplemental IR, so this shot is for reference.

Attachment Attached File

P2.2 IR unfiltered.

Attachment Attached File

And P2.2 IR filtered.

Attachment Attached File

As I mentioned in my first post, you can see that halo/spill on the left hand side of the unfiltered pic and it's greatly reduced with the filter in place. This difference is what stood out most to me when I went outside last night and I'm hoping to get better pics tonight which will better show what I'm seeing in real life.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Finally, my one attempt with the IR laser. Needed three hands to hold the iPotato up to the RNVG tube while trying to get it to focus on the same spot in each pic and hit the camera button once it was focused.

Here's the location with the RNVG's onboard IR illuminator ON. Even with UF WP tubes it's too dark in the basement to really see much of anything without supplemental IR, so this shot is for reference.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/ROOM_IR_jpg-1973513.JPG

P2.2 IR unfiltered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/P2-2_IR_UF_jpg-1973514.JPG

And P2.2 IR filtered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/P2-2_IR_F_jpg-1973515.JPG

As I mentioned in my first post, you can see that halo/spill on the left hand side of the unfiltered pic and it's greatly reduced with the filter in place. This difference is what stood out most to me when I went outside last night and I'm hoping to get better pics tonight which will better show what I'm seeing in real life.
View Quote

Thanks @towerofpower94 I really appreciate all the pictures!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:09:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/ROOM_IR_jpg-1973513.JPG

P2.2 IR unfiltered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/P2-2_IR_UF_jpg-1973514.JPG

And P2.2 IR filtered.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/302703/P2-2_IR_F_jpg-1973515.JPG

Planning to get some outside this evening so long as the rain holds off.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:43:14 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Regarding the use of loctite, it's important to use one of their blends designed to work with plastic parts. Standard loctite blue for metal fasteners will attack the plastic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 7:01:27 PM EDT
[#42]
*SIGH* WELL after taking the rifle out my Safe and onto my bed I lightly I MEAN LIGHTLY tapped the Selector Switch/Lever and this happens.. I REALLY wanted to like the Laser, but one thing after another..

Looks to be a magnet under the Switch when choosing Vis/Off/IR
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Are you brave enough to take it apart? Let me knkw if you need help with translation

I'm sure they used all red wires inside, for the motherland

If not, I can take one of mine apart and see
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 4:14:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

is there anyway to fix it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
*SIGH* WELL after taking the rifle out my Safe and onto my bed I lightly I MEAN LIGHTLY tapped the Selector Switch/Lever and this happens[url]/images/smilies/icon_smile_sad.gif[/img I REALLY wanted to like the Laser, but one thing after another..

https://i.postimg.cc/tT1hbVZJ/7-A713-CEF-A1-DC-450-F-BF8-B-21-A1004715-BC.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/tT1hbVZJ/7-A713-CEF-A1-DC-450-F-BF8-B-21-A1004715-BC.jpg

Looks to be a magnet under the Switch when choosing Vis/Off/IR

is there anyway to fix it?

It appears that the screw that threads into the Switch wasn’t fully engaged or threaded, I thought it snapped off lol.. Fixing it wise iono not sure.. was thinking about taking those 2x screws off and go from there but I’m not familiar with these lasers
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:08:33 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Regarding the use of loctite, it's important to use one of their blends designed to work with plastic parts. Standard loctite blue for metal fasteners will attack the plastic.
View Quote

Learned this the hard way, where were you 9 months ago!!!! I like Vibra-Tite VC-3 for all things - use with plastics, here:

VC-3 and Plastic
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Learned this the hard way, where were you 9 months ago!!!! I like Vibra-Tite VC-3 for all things - use with plastics, here:

VC-3 and Plastic
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

VC-3 and Plastic

Thank you for pointing this out @mickdonaldson @leuveu I am no expert with loctite, and technically once you press in the cover you shouldn't need anything, but I do recommended something as a just in case.

To everyone who has ordered, I've been throwing in an extra cover from my batch that is not necessarily passing my quality control, but its still good, the color may just be a little off due to print inconsistencies, or the plastic needs a small file down etc.

And thank you to everyone who has been patiently waiting and supporting!

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Thank you for pointing this out @mickdonaldson @leuveu I am no expert with loctite, and technically once you press in the cover you shouldn't need anything, but I do recommended something as a just in case.

To everyone who has ordered, I've been throwing in an extra cover from my batch that is not necessarily passing my quality control, but its still good, the color may just be a little off due to print inconsistencies, or the plastic needs a small file down etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VC-3 and Plastic

And I was hoping to snatch one up from you too.. Oh the Horror
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#49]
I haven't ordered one yet.
what about adding in a small loop for a lanyard?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:49:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I ordered a couple today. Curious to see if these work on a 4m also...
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top