Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2018 11:17:40 AM EDT
The following photo is what you'll get once you've completed this DIY.

A few things you'll need:

Cordura Fabric of your color choice. (Often can be found on eBay)
3M 9474LE (300LSE) Double Sided Adhesive (Strong AF, got it on amazon)
Template
Pen
Scissors
Small Razor Blade
Dremel
Alcohol

Start by printing out the template, cutting it out and test fitting it on your MS2000 to be sure it printed correctly (Check print settings, do not size to fit, print actual size)

Once you have verified it printed correctly, print another. Use you pen to color on the back to create a transfer.

Tape your template with the side you colored down on the printed side of the adhesive.

Trace over the lines, press hard, so it will transfer your deign onto the printed side of the adhesive backing.

Now remove the unprinted side of the adhesive backing and stick it to your cordura fabric. Avoid getting bubbles, apply it in the same fashion you would apply a phone screen protector or a decal on a window. Use a credit card or something to lay it down evenly.

Now cut out your template and Dremel off the raised spots on the MS2000 so you have an even surface. I also recommend removing the sticker on the strobe. I used scissors to cut around the large lines and used a craft razor blade to cut the 4 really small lines of the template.

Clean the surface of your strobe with some alcohol and let dry completely. To apply your wrap evenly, I recommend you remove only the top portion of the backing and apply that part of the wrap first using the legs that still have the backing to verify everything is lined up. Then remove the backing from the rest of the wrap and apply it evenly. Use pressure and lay it down slowly and evenly so you don't get any bubbles. BAM, all done!
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:09:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's pretty cool!  Nice work.
View Quote
Thanks! It's gonna look great attached to my Mohawk once I get it!! Seriously stoked to get one of the new ones!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top