Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2018 3:31:06 PM EDT
Long story short, im LE near Chicago and decided it was time for my own helmet and monocular set up. Me being relativley inexperienced in this arena i contacted TNVC and told them what i liked. Since it was my own cash vs department money, I initially looked at cheaper stuff and was kindly told that while that equipment was doable there were better options for duty usage. Heres the kicker they actually explained WHY giving me pros and cons of various setups.....it wasnt just buy this because it costs more and will make you an instant Operator lol. In summary  i am now awaiting my Revision High Cut and TNVC PVS-14. Id like to specifically thank Teddy and Jamie who put up with all my questions and phone calls. They even worked out some quirks to get me ready for my upcoming class.  TNVC prob dosnt need the press especially here, but i did want to give credit where it was due...so thanks to both of you!
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:42:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll hit this.  You get all these threads where guys are looking for bargain NV and always ask, is this unit from ACME NV a good deal?  I think this guy's experience is a good example of the value-add that a vendor like TNVC brings to the table.  I would rather support a vendor that educates me in the ends and outs of NV gear, than some fly-by-night company, that guys have to come here and ask about.

Now if they would only move to NC...

Just kidding.  Mostly.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Great overall experience...they definitely do not conduct themselves like car salesman..and if i ever upgraded to thermal, dual PVS or binoculars i will not go anywhere else. Its customer service that makes the difference in my humble oppinion
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Jamie and Teddy are even nicer in person!

Glad they could lend you a hand.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
That's an excellent setup that'll you will not be disappointed with. If I were to do it all over again I'd buy the exact same kit that you purchased.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 1:24:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you...now all i have to do is learn the nuances so i dont mess em up. Its like falling in love with firearms all over again just on a different level.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you...now all i have to do is learn the nuances so i dont mess em up. Its like falling in love with firearms all over again just on a different level.
View Quote
No doubt, welcome to the sickness. Things to protect your investment is, always remove the battery when on storage, if you have to have it in condition 1 use lithium batteries, always use a lanyard even if its just a shoe lace, make sure it's off when not in use, avoid staring at beacons/ bright lights or red dots sights if possible, but if you do as long as its not static for periods of time you should be gtg. The best advice is don't be scared to use it and enjoy it as much as possible.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 12:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
10-4 i think i can handle that and thank you!!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:50:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Vic...yea it gets shitty out here sometimes lol. Job security i guess and no need to thank me even though it is appreciated. Its nice that a company like yours conducts itself in the manner it does. Helping all of the good guys in the mil, law enforcement and just plain old good hearted freedom loving citizens. To ALL the good people out there STAY SAFE!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top