Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2011 11:43:17 AM EDT
Hey guys

Got me a small problem.  I'm currently using the AN/PVS-7B with the head mount.  The goggles clip into the head mount perfectly.
I now want to step up to a helmet ( thinking about the TNVC A-Alpha )  with the OPS-CORE VAS shroud mounted.  A friend of mine gave me a Norotos USGI Rhino mount (arm only) for free.  This Rhino mount will fit the OPS-CORE VAS shroud mount no doubt.

Here's the problem... the goggles will fit into the Rhino Mount but...they WILL NOT clip in and stay in at all.  Not like they do when I use the head mount.
When I place them into the head mount...they clip in and really stay in.  I can hear the sound of them clipping in too.

I just don't want these thing falling off my helmet.  When I compare the two mounts side by side and look inside, they look a little different.  The catch on the Rhino looks like it is up front more.  The catch on the head mount looks like it is further back a little, not by much.  They say this Rhino mount works on PVS 7 and PVS 14.  Any ideas what's wrong?
Thanks

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 12:25:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Something is wrong with the rhino mount or you don't have the correct mount.  My PVS-7B will click right in the normal USGI rhino mount.  You you sure it is the USGI pattern rhino?  Pictures would definitely help.  There are 2 different interface systems and they are not compatible with each other.

Also, are you sure you don't have a PVS-7A or -7D?  The 'A' & 'D' model have a different mount than the 'B' & 'C' models.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Once you get your rhino mount sorted out, I would highly recommend the Ops-Core Fast Base Jump helmet over the PT-alpha w/VAS shroud.  I have both, and the Base Jump is a much more refined product which only costs $40 more....money well spent.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
ihon

Yes,  they are definitely AN/PVS-7B and there is nothing wrong with them.  They fit in my head set with no problems.  I don't like the head mount because I can't tilt the dam things up went I really need to.  That's why I going with a helmet.  I was given a brand new helmet mount exactly like this one in the picture.  In fact, every number matches perfectly just like the one in the picture below.  Like I said, I just can't figure this thing out.  Nothing is worn or broken.  It fits in there all right but it just doesn't want to clip in.  Not like the head mount does.  When it clips in you frickin know it. I don't know what the hell to do.  I'll call Norotos in the morning and go from there.  It's almost like you would have to unscrew the bottom half of the mount where the "catch" is and swap it out with something else.  

Murderman

I emailed TNVC about helmets and they suggested the same one your talking about.  It does look like it would be a better choice and it's not really that much more money.  I think that's the one for me.  

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm still trying to figure out how to send a picture...sorry bout that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top