Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 1:15:25 PM EDT
Our company is going to the ANVIS F4949 and outfitting the company owned helmets for them.  Since I have my own helmet, it's up to me to buy my own.  I've been told $685 from ASU (ITT's civil aviation company.)  I have a MSA Gallet LH-250 and the company is using Gentex SPH-5s.  They're installing the visor cover with a quick disconnect plate, so that they can share the mount block between helmets.  They make a quick disconnect plate for my Gallet, but it's $285.  For that, I figured I could get my own mount block and battery pack.

I don't care if it's used, dirty, whatever.....as long as it's not $685.  Are there any government surplus websites or places where these can be acquired?  I've seen a few on eBay, but I don't know what I'm buying and don't want to get stuck with something that isn't going to work.

It has to have 4 mounting holes (1 1/8 inch apart lengthwise, 1 5/16 apart height) and a pig tail to attach to a battery pack.

I'm already about $200 in the hole since I had to get a new visor cover for my helmet, just trying to save some money.

ANY help would be appreciated.  Part numbers, compatability, pictures, weblinks, etc.  I've been Google'ing for days and have only learned a very little bit.  Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:26:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen various mounts from time to time on EBay. I got mine for around $250. I took off the quick connect mounting plate and bolted the block onto The TNVC ground helmet. They don't come up often but keep checking because I usually see a couple or so every month. That is the only option I know of to find one in your price range. Many other mounts can be purchased but they are not cheap.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=18&t=271755    Here is the link for that thread. I have seen both the self powered as I have, or the ones with the plug for a battery pack. I use mine for a ground setup but this mount was designed for a flight helmet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top