Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2009 3:49:04 PM EDT
Got Vic,s new helmet and love it ! Bought a self powered AVS-9 mount and removed the grey backing plate for a flight helmet. Drilled 4 holes for the small bolts and mounted her up. It works great and uses the 1/2 AA bats (not hard to get). Good option if you want to use your AVS-9 for a ground setup. Not the Wilcox mount but it only cost me about $350 including the helmet. Sometimes you can find these mounts on Ebay for around $200 to $300. The helmet is the most comfortable I have ever worn. Its great for your PVS/14 also, as its predrilled for that mount.It costs a bit more than a skate or bike helmet but its well worth it. If anyone is on the fence about getting one I can assure you they work great!

Link Posted: 2/27/2009 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is the mount with the grey backing plate still on. Its not the exact same mount but very similar. Where the screws are is where the original hardware was removed for attaching to a flight helmet. You could leave the backing plate on but I like the all black look without the grey plastic.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 12:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the same setup (even the helmet is very similar, PROTEC B2 Hassan) but I have sprayed the plate flat black, looks nasty.
BTW, the mount on the picture uses 2x AA fullsize bats, that is pretty much the only difference I can see.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#3]
The protec helmet pic is one I pasted from another site because it had the AA battery power supply. I usually see the 1/2 AA versions. My backing plate was damaged from using loctite on the bolts. It does not hurt the mount but reacts with the plastic in the backing plate and caused it to crumble and crack apart. The setup works well and I'm really happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
What is that tingle shaped plate on the back of the helmet for? FMJs-of-Freedom
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 2:42:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Do you mean the gray color plate or the snap on the back of the Black helmet? Not sure which one your talking about.
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I meant the plate on the back of the TNVC helmet. FMJs-ofFreedom
Link Posted: 3/1/2009 6:59:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/2/2009 5:06:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Thats what I meant. Thanks, FMJs-of-Freedom
Link Posted: 3/4/2009 1:12:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I have one of those helmets in green... just don't have NV anymore
Link Posted: 3/4/2009 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#10]
The Helmets are great, as is the Night Enforcer PVS14 I got from Vic.  The unit is awesome, the photos that Vic post of his units do not do it justice.  I have looked through Gen I and Gen II before, this was my first time with a Gen III.  When I powered up just out of the box my jaw dropped when I looked through it.  I had never seen anything so clear before.  The stuff you see on the news through NV does not come close to looking through this.  Enough Jibber Jabber here are the photos.

Link Posted: 3/4/2009 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like Victor is taking good care of you.
Link Posted: 3/6/2009 9:01:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice setup. Like the torch on the side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top