Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2006 6:29:44 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with the VITAL-2 system ?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2006 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want to know?

Link Posted: 10/1/2006 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a good overall piece of gear or should I spen my money else where ?  
Link Posted: 10/2/2006 6:16:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 6:19:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Not to be a fly in the ointment but I do not like the way the pressure switch plugs into the unit and the fact the unit will not work with out the pressure switch being plugged in is kinda a bummer to. plus they cost an ARM and a LEG to boot.

the IWAL 2 is much smaller and quite a bit less expensive and OH YEAH you can buy it with out jumping through hoops. Granted it does not have an illuminator but hey Vic's Torch kicks serious ass in that arena.

My .02 cents.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:32:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2006 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/22/2006 12:03:20 AM EDT
[#8]
What's the difference between the VITAL-2 and the -1.

I have a -1 that I found online, but no NVD

Not yet anyways.  Althought I'll probably give up the IRlaser to fund my next MG.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:44:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Arfcom member "Duffy" owns the one in my new poster.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:20:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 2:52:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/mfingar/IR.jpg

Arfcom member "Duffy" owns the one in my new poster.

Staggering, stunning, awesome!!!

You need to post this complete online in high resolution!
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#13]
????

Don't tell me you guys haven't seen my POSTER???

WOW. I suck at marketing.

It's in the "EE", under "Everything Else". I figured you guys would be all over it (it's got NV stuff ).

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Order inbound!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:25:46 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Anyone have any experience with the VITAL-2 system ?  

If you pay attention (and I take it you are LE by your handle), a fair number of these pop up at DRMO available free to your agency. There are some available right now if you search the DRMO sites by NSN. You submit the request over the internet on your agency's DRMO log in page, and then pay shipping once the request is approved. It really is that simple, and the last batch of VITALs we got from DRMO were pretty much brand-new and unused.

I have been using one for a year or so, and they work pretty well. I was running a PEQ-2A, but those tended to be a bit overpowered for law enforcement work on a weapon, though I still use it sometimes in handheld mode to light up underbrush at a distance.

The VITAL-2 works fairly well under 100 yards, and the variable power settings and pointer types are handy when you have a bunch of SWAT guys acting together in close so that one can tell which pointer goes to which shooter. I also like the fact that it is smaller than a PEQ, though it still won't go in the in-car rack while mounted. It has returned to zero pretty well, despite being handicapped by an inferior ARMS throwlever, though it is the tightest ARMS throwlever I have encountered thus far. It mounts low enough to a forend rail that one has clear picture through an EOTech or an ACOG, though the same was true of the PAC-4C and PEQ-2A, in my experience. If you can get one free/cheap, it will serve you well for its inteded purpose. I don't have any experience with the systems that aren't routinely showing up as military surplus, so I can't give you an informed opinion on how they compare in the field. My only complaints about that VITAL-2 are that there is no provision for constant on (as previosuly noted) and the remote paddle switch has a ridiculously long cable, something in the 10-16" range or so, and I usually have to wrap it around the forend rails three to four times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I was gonna sell it (was on EE after I got a PEQ2-A and buyers that had to back out), now with the renewed interest, I think I'm gonna keep it
Thanks mfingar for his beautiful poster he gave me as a gift

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:58:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Duffy,

You own the actual VITAL-2 in the poster.
I think the value has gone up...

BTW, How do you like it vs. the PEQ?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Oh yeah, hehehehe, I'll ask for 5 million

The shortcomings of the VITAL2 have already been pointed out, for me, it's the lack of a constant on setting.  It's more of an equivalent of a PAQ4-C, the PEQ2-A is something in another category, but you guys already know that

Compared to either a PAQ4-C and PEQ2-A, it feels better made, it's like a more refined and polished PAQ4-C maybe, the material is better, so is the attention to detail, stuff like the locking battery cap, ARMS mount (don't knock it, the Rail Grabber sucks ass! , my VITAL2 has never got loose, whereas both my PAQ4-C and PEQ2-A have, these two use a thumb screw to go into their mounts, need to loctite the screws), the settings dials are far superior to either.  It just won't go as far as the PEQ2-A, but it's comparing apples to oranges.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Sure, a bug now is a feature?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top