Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2006 4:51:51 PM EDT
I run my ANVIS6 Mono with my Aimpoint ML2 and it gets poor NV image. I know the ML2 isnt the nightvision AP like the M2 or M3 but I tried it on the lowest setting and it seems to work. At the lowest setting I cant even see the dot unles I use NV.

Anyway, my tubes are excellent with little use and no blems. It works awesome as a mono, but when I use it in conjunction with (ICW) my ML2 the image is so much darker. I also put them lens to lens with very little space between the the optics.  

Why is it so much darker? Does this happen when using the M2 or M3 Aimpoints? The field of view is also mouch more narrow. All this kind of makes it difficult to use.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Howdy
Above and beyond the lower power setting of the M2 vice the ML2 I read that the optics in the M2 has different coatings that are better for low light transmission. As such, the M2 is clearer than the ML2. I have looked through ML2s in front of NVDs and noted that a bit of light loss that was not present with the M2.

I Hope that helps,

Peter
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That helps a lot. I thought that was the reason
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:13:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quick question for ya, is yours an AB night vision set up and which objective lens are you running on your unit?

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Im using the lens from my ANVIS 6
the tube and housing are the same I just added the AB Night Vision Adaptor

abnightvision.com/id14.html
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats better for NV Mono in conjunction with red dot - AimPoint or EOTech?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:55:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Whats better for NV Mono in conjunction with red dot - AimPoint or EOTech?

The EO wins hands down for less body housing obstruction and better FOV.  

Thats what I thought
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top