Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2018 9:30:58 AM EDT
My wife is co-trustee on my trust and still legally had her maiden name when we created it.

I was about to fill out 2-3 more form 1's since the updated system and realized I would probably need to amend my trust to reflect her taking my last name?

Is that accurate or can I still have her get fingerprints/photos and just put her full name/maiden name on the responsible persons form?
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wonder if you could leave it as is and just include a copy of your marriage license when you send in the trust?
View Quote
Not sure, hoping someone will step in who's been there done that lol.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Seems to me the easiest thing to do is add a simple amendment to the trust to the effect of:

"Due to the party's legal name change due to marriage, all preceding references to "Jane Abc" shall henceforth apply to "Jane Xyz".

IANAL, but something like that is what I would do.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My wife is co-trustee on my trust and still legally had her maiden name when we created it.

I was about to fill out 2-3 more form 1's since the updated system and realized I would probably need to amend my trust to reflect her taking my last name?

Is that accurate or can I still have her get fingerprints/photos and just put her full name/maiden name on the responsible persons form?
View Quote
That is accurate, an amendment will be needed.  My wife and I are in the same situation and just filed our first post-41F forms.  We were not told this by the ATF, but by Silencer Shop, and then again by our attorney when we followed up with him.
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 12:39:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is accurate, an amendment will be needed.  My wife and I are in the same situation and just filed our first post-41F forms.  We were not told this by the ATF, but by Silencer Shop, and then again by our attorney when we followed up with him.
View Quote
A friend of mine seems to think that you can simply edit your trust information without putting in an amendment.

Is that true?
Link Posted: 2/10/2018 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A friend of mine seems to think that you can simply edit your trust information without putting in an amendment.

Is that true?
View Quote
That may be true.  I'm not a lawyer.  We chose to take the guaranteed safe route in the interest of not having a form kicked back or having future trustees run into legal troubles.
If you go that route, keep us all posted on the results.  It might be interesting .
Top Top