Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2016 6:00:50 PM EDT
Looking to get a gun trust, is it okay to use a lawyer from another state? I am looking at going with nfalwayers.com but I do not reside in Ga. Would there be any benefit to using an attorney that is board certified in my state?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to get a gun trust, is it okay to use a lawyer from another state? I am looking at going with nfalwayers.com but I do not reside in Ga. Would there be any benefit to using an attorney that is board certified in my state?
View Quote

NFA Lawyers is fine. They will use your states laws when creating the trust.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]
You can use them....I did.   Why didn't you just ask them?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 6:25:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/21/2016 10:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
How exactly are they doing trusts for residents of other states applying those states laws without a license to practice law in that state?  
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:01:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How exactly are they doing trusts for residents of other states applying those states laws without a license to practice law in that state?  

View Quote
In many States, you do not need to be a lawyer to draw up a trust. You can do it yourself if you wish.

Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Agreed...you can always do it yourself.  But if someone else does it for you, that person is practicing law and needs to be licensed to practice law.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

They affiliate with lawyers licensed in your state. They're all set on that front.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In many States, you do not need to be a lawyer to draw up a trust. You can do it yourself if you wish.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you do stuff for another person, you need to be a lawyer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 7:35:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh, no you don't.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top