Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2009 9:29:17 AM EDT
I mean, any idea at all? Sure, a semi uzi looks pretty dumb with the 16" carbine barrel. But wouldn't you think that they sold them with the 16" carbine barrel for a reason? I mean, wouldn't it just be faster to ship them all with the short barrels to save time? Why don't they just do that? There are so many guns running around out there that would get so many people felony charges, and they don't have a clue.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=135998352
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I mean, any idea at all? Sure, a semi uzi looks pretty dumb with the 16" carbine barrel. But wouldn't you think that they sold them with the 16" carbine barrel for a reason? I mean, wouldn't it just be faster to ship them all with the short barrels to save time? Why don't they just do that? There are so many guns running around out there that would get so many people felony charges, and they don't have a clue.

Page wont open for me...
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:08:46 AM EDT
[#2]

It might be a plugged solid display only barrel. Uzis used to ship with a solid barrel for display.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It might be a plugged solid display only barrel. Uzis used to ship with a solid barrel for display.

I remember that...

We thought it was the stupidest thing and wouldn't buy one because of that long-assed barrel you'd have to shoot with!

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe it was a display barrel. But some of his Sales lines were priceless:

"This isn't the IMI finish that all the others came with, this is a QUALITY made UZI! "

"This weapon is getting phased out of the US because of its "scary" look!"

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe it is a display barrel. But I'd think he would put that in there. I mean, I'd be pretty pissed if I bought that and the short barrel didn't work.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm not sure I understand the issue here. It maybe I dont know much about this gun and I cant tell how long the barrel is in the bottom of the box compared to the legth of the gun and the ad doesnt give the barrel legth. BUT in the picture there is a barrel under the gun. I'm thinking the barrel was removed to make it fit into a smaller box sense there are no pictures of the front of the gun. If you look at the book thats in the picture..it looks like this is one of those funny looking long barrel guns. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I'm not sure I understand the issue here. It maybe I dont know much about this gun and I cant tell how long the barrel is in the bottom of the box compared to the legth of the gun and the ad doesnt give the barrel legth. BUT in the picture there is a barrel under the gun. I'm thinking the barrel was removed to make it fit into a smaller box sense there are no pictures of the front of the gun. If you look at the book thats in the picture..it looks like this is one of those funny looking long barrel guns. Just a thought.

Looks like he changed the pix.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I told you the barrel wasn't plugged. Someone clued him in.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Gunbroker link
The display barrel only extends forward of the trunion, vs ~6" deeper into the reciever for the real barrel.  And you can see the real barrel in the first picture, in the bubble wrap. Its much cheaper to ship the uzi without the barrel installed due to the extra 10" or so it adds to the overall length.

My (semi, now SBRed) Uzi showed up at my dealer with the display barrel installed and he called me after almost having a coronary thinking it was an SBR or MG (he's not an SOT and had not transfered an Uzi before), he only calmed down when the real barrel hit the carpet.
Quoted:
Maybe it was a display barrel. But some of his Sales lines were priceless:
"This isn't the IMI finish that all the others came with, this is a QUALITY made UZI! "  
Vector's famous finish? Krylon gloss black spray-paint (they showed a marketing photo of their repair stations, with cans of it visible on the shelf), I forget if its over parkerizing or not, but my whole gun is shiny. At least his is one of the parkerized ones.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Kharn,
The link when I first posted it had the uzi sitting with a 8" barrel. What may have been a display barrel, but then after posting this thread, he changed out the photos, and there is no mention of a "display" barrel. I'm guessing someone tipped him off that what he had wasn't right. If it was a display barrel, don't you think he would have said it came with the gun as it sits now?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:01:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Display barrels are anodized aluminum, almost all are flat black. Or was the barrel the grey parkerizing to match the rest of the reciever?

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top