Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 5:09:54 PM EDT
My local PD just got a new electronic fingerprint system, will the ATF accept that or does it have to be the traditional manual fingerprint cards?

The CLEO said he will manually ink me if I want like the last time when I got my suppressor.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, it is fine.   And it prints on the exact same cards as if done the messier way.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, it is fine.   And it prints on the exact same cards as if done the messier way.

very cool, i didn't know it printed directly on the cards itself.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My local PD just got a new electronic fingerprint system, will the ATF accept that or does it have to be the traditional manual fingerprint cards?

The CLEO said he will manually ink me if I want like the last time when I got my suppressor.

I just went to the Sheriff's office last week for a signature and prints.   I explained that I need the ORI code to be printed on the cards.   The Major who handles all NFA papers said that he called Rob Howard at the NFA and that electronic prints were fine and that the ORI code is not necessary as they have to manually enter information on their end before submission of prints.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 3:51:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Last year the ATF sent me 50 258's when I requested 'a few'

I took them al to the county and they just dumped the whole stakc in the printer and printed them all....

It has been really conveniant...

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 4:47:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine were electronic.

Approved without an issue.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top