Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 10:13:20 AM EDT
I'm working on a SBR build and i'm planing on using a 7.5" barrel. Now my question is would I have any problems running a suppressor on a barrel this short.

Thankyou
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm working on a SBR build and i'm planing on using a 7.5" barrel. Now my question is would I have any problems running a suppressor on a barrel this short.

Thankyou

I didn't know you could still enjoy such trivialities in the great state of California.

You cant. Im stationed in CA but my home state is TX

Are you thinking you can still use it in Cali because it's not your HOR or just stating you will be using in while back home in TX? I'll assume you already know this but in case you do not. That applies to things like being able to keep your home state's DL & vote there but not for possession of firearms & a particular states laws whie living here or there for military service. TX may be your HOR while you're stationed in Cali for military service but you still can't use it there due to their silly laws.

I'm geting out in a few months and im moving back to texas so none of the rifle parts will ever be in CA

Roger that killer. I'm trackin now.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 5:33:34 AM EDT
[#2]
The Armory forurm under the suppressor & NFA firearms section is where you will find your answers. However, most can makers will not warranty their product when used on a barrel that short due to the rounds not wanting to stablize properly. That said, there are many folks here who run cans on their 7.5's w/out issue. I don't personally own & prolly never will since I mainly use my guns for work & wouldn't want to take a chance on a 7.5 for serious duty. 10.3 is shortest that I use. I bet the 7"'s are real fun on the range though. I think it will most likely depend on your particular set up to determine how well a can will work with the 7.5 if the gun itself doesn't have issues of its own.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thankyou

I didn't know you could still enjoy such trivialities in the great state of California.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:00:48 AM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Thankyou

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thankyou

Are you thinking you can still use it in Cali because it's not your HOR or just stating you will be using in while back home in TX? I'll assume you already know this but in case you do not. That applies to things like being able to keep your home state's DL & vote there but not for possession of firearms & a particular states laws whie living here or there for military service. TX may be your HOR while you're stationed in Cali for military service but you still can't use it there due to their silly laws.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:23:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thankyou

I'm geting out in a few months and im moving back to texas so none of the rifle parts will ever be in CA
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:26:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a 5.56 with a 7.5 barrel...it ran awesome...I never suppressed it though.
What i have gleaned from others on arfcom  is the rule of thumb is ask the manufacture what is the shortest barrel they warranty their can for. 10.5 is the shortest i have heard.
It doesn't mean you cant run a can on a 7.5 barrel. It just means you proceed at your risk.
I would think if you shot a few and looked for end cap strikes and or key holing on the target,that would tell the true tail. This route could be expensive or potentially dangerous or rewarding. If you do it let us know how it turns out.
On a 9mm 7.5 in barrel would be preferred.
imo
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top