Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2008 9:31:22 AM EDT
OK - I'm getting ready to mail my paperwork in today to register a lower as an SBR (using the trust method) and before I do, let me make sure I have this right...

Form 1 (x2, ink signed)
Form 5330.20-Cert of Compliance (x2, ink signed)
Copy of "Declaration of Trust" (x1, complete)
Copy of "Schedule A" (x1)
Check for $200 made out to BATFE\DOJ

Here's where I'm a still a little cloudy....

1. I only need one copy of the complete "Declaration Trust" (and "Schedule A")?

2. Do I need to send a copy of the "Assignment of Property" doc? I would think no because "Schedule A" should already confim for them that the lower is "assigned" to the trust?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 3:51:16 AM EDT
[#1]
you only need 1 certificate of compliance b/c you do not get that back.  You send 2 copies printed front and back of the Form 1 because they keep one and then send one back to you.  

I did not send in the assignment of property.

I also sent it a certificate of trust signed in ink.  I'm not sure if it was required b/c I sent in a copy of the declaration of trust, but I figured it couldnt hurt.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 5:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
OK - I'm getting ready to mail my paperwork in today to register a lower as an SBR (using the trust method) and before I do, let me make sure I have this right...

Form 1 (x2, ink signed)
Form 5330.20-Cert of Compliance (x2, ink signed)
Copy of "Declaration of Trust" (x1, complete)
Copy of "Schedule A" (x1)
Check for $200 made out to BATFE\DOJ

Here's where I'm a still a little cloudy....

1. I only need one copy of the complete "Declaration Trust" (and "Schedule A")?

2. Do I need to send a copy of the "Assignment of Property" doc? I would think no because "Schedule A" should already confim for them that the lower is "assigned" to the trust?

Thanks

Right, you only need one copy of the Declaration of Trust and Schedule A.

You probably dont NEED to send a copy of the Assignment of Property but they wont penalize you for doing so, and there is a chance they MAY ask for it if you dont send it.

You will worry about it less if you send it
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember also, you can redact anything in the trust Sched A that isn't NFA, so including the Sched A doesn't tell ATF anything they don't already know.  It's worth the extra 2c worth of paper and ink to just include the Sched A every time, in case you get a picky examiner who wants to see it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Well I mailed it out today as such...

USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. Package contains... Personal check for $200 (1x, ink signed), Form 1 (2x, ink signed) , Form 5330.20 (1x, ink signed) , Declaration Of Trust (1x, copy), Schedule A (1x, copy), Assignment of Property (1x, copy)

We'll see what happens but I'm expecting (hoping) it will go smoothly.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I mailed it out today as such...

USPS Priority mail with delivery confirmation. Package contains... Personal check for $200 (1x, ink signed), Form 1 (2x, ink signed) , Form 5330.20 (1x, ink signed) , Declaration Of Trust (1x, copy), Schedule A (1x, copy), Assignment of Property (1x, copy)

We'll see what happens but I'm expecting (hoping) it will go smoothly.

I don't think you'll have any problems.  Good that you sent the Assignment of Property.  They probably don't need it, but if not, they'll just trash it.  I've sent in exactly what you did, and I have never had any problems.
Top Top