Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2006 3:04:27 PM EDT
I am new to the NFA game so please excuse my ignorance.

1. What are WW2 C&R Thompson M1s currently SELLING for?

2. Is it possible to find one that is in decent condition and not beat to hell?

3. Anything to be concerned about when buying a C&R Thompson

4. Who was the main mfg. of Thompson M1s during WW2 (for example, springfield made most of the garands even though winchester and H&R made them as well)

Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 11:31:10 PM EDT
[#2]
here are a couple for ya

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42530260

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42574857

ps. did you hit the lottery cuz these boys ai'nt cheap!?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not the leading authority on Thompsons, but I'll tell you what I know:

1. I believe Savage and Auto-Ordnance were the main supplier of WW2 Thompsons. The one I own is an AO and is the early version M-1 (floating firing pin)
2. There are plenty out there, but they are pricey.  The conditions vary from mint to beat to hell! There were a ton of them made from cut recievers right before the ban went into effect and the rewelds run the gammot from "damn good job" to "what a pile of crap".   A lot of the C-2's were just trying to get the guns "on paper" before the end and didn't take the time to do it right. I have personally seen at least a dozen of these "ban rush" guns and some ain't pretty. hey, but anything can be fixed!
3. If you don't want to pay $10K - $30K for a full auto then your only other option is one of the new SBR Thompson's by Kahr.

Hope this info helps!hug.gif
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:08:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
here are a couple for ya

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42530260

gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=42574857

ps. did you hit the lottery cuz these boys ai'nt cheap!?

Actually I am looking for the M1 WW2 model with the horizontal handguard. No, I didn't win the lottery...I graduate from college in a few months (finally) and already have a nice job offer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top