Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
Looking at suppressor sites, I came up with some questions.

I want to suppress my Beretta Storm .45. I'm pretty sure I want threaded, but I am open minded to other attachment setups as I am probably ignorant of what's available.  I do want a clean look when the suppressor is not mounted.  I do want to use it on other .45s I have (mostly pistols but I want the best performance on the Storm), hence the interchangability.

What is the difference in 'submachine gun' and 'center fire pistol' suppressors?  I have been looking at the sub suppressors, assuming barrel length/velocity is the issue.

Any recomendations of which suppressor to use?  Any one have a pic of a Storm with a suppressor?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a Bereatta, but...

Typically, a subgun can will be larger than a pistol can, either in diameter or length or both.  As you can see, this can make for quite a long package when installed on a 16" or longer barrel.  While a shorter, smaller can will be much less cumbersome, it may not provide as much suppression.  The more effective smaller cans will cost more.  

Some smaller cans are designed to be used wet.  That is okay, as long as you don't mind recharging your can every so often.

I suppose what you want depends on what your priorities are and how much you want to spend.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Many of the subgun cans are only longer because they are designed to be used on a particular gun and the attachment method is built into the suppressor. The other reason being the rate of fire. Since your storm is a semi auto, you should not have an issue with durability or performance. If you want your suppressor to work well on a pistol you will want one with a recoil booster/nielson device etc. But make sure you get one that you can deactivate the device while in use on your fixed barrel storm.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:19:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info.  I have many things to gladly research.  I heard that you may not be able to thread the Storm barrel due to its import.  Sounds unlikely, but I need to find out.  Anyone know of this?

Although the smaller compact suppressors are great stuff, I don't mind a larger suppressor, but I do want as much suppression as I can get.  I'd rather not have a wet system.

GarrettJ: Your Marlin looks great by the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top