Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2021 1:11:05 PM EDT
I found a 1973 .36 cal. Italian-made Remington-Beals belt revolver (6.50" barrel) at the flea market this morning.

No question about where made but I swear it looks like RG (of cheap German revolver fame) sold it as it's marked RG on the loading arm and it's cast into the frame. It's pretty well put together though not as nice as a Uberti. Then again back in the 70s none of the repros were as nice as they are today.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The fact that RG is cast into the steel frame sort of makes me wonder.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/3/2021 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Rigarmi Arms is what it is.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing YOU got a deal. (AGAIN)
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember that as a "non gun" these things were not really regulated and were tracked about as well as a screwdriver . Every body and their brother made copies of the other guys stuff and everything changed from year to year . Two nearly identical guns with the same stuff stamped or cast into them could have been made and sold by various different companies in different levels of fit ,finish ,quality of raw materials and heat treating of parts.

Early stuff was a real roll of the dice
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 3:21:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Remember that as a "non gun" these things were not really regulated and were tracked about as well as a screwdriver . Every body and their brother made copies of the other guys stuff and everything changed from year to year . Two nearly identical guns with the same stuff stamped or cast into them could have been made and sold by various different companies in different levels of fit ,finish ,quality of raw materials and heat treating of parts.

Early stuff was a real roll of the dice
View Quote

Looks like it has proof marks. I'd need better pictures to tell for sure but if it does - from a reputable proof house - I wouldn't worry a bit about firing it with reasonable loads.

Regardless I wouldn't treat it like a ROA - that's for sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top