Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 9:09:40 AM EDT
Anybody reccomend a good reasonably priced black powder shotgun with a flintlock or percussion cap action?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anybody reccomend a good reasonably priced black powder shotgun with a flintlock or percussion cap action?

Thanks

i was interested in either a double barrel BP shotgun or .72 caliber rifle from Cabelas myself
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:09:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If you have your heart set on a flintgun, it'll be pricey if you want a double. Single maybe less so, but it'll be a whole new world trying to learn to shoot skeet with a flint shotgun.

You looking for a double or single barrel?

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Either,.

It would be mainly for hunting
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, the one listed above at Dixie Gunworks is a good choice. Cabelas lists a similar if not identical one for about $85 less. Both are Pedersoli. Traditions makes some modern looking inlines, if that's more your speed. Knight also makes an inline, but I think it's more supposed to be some sort of slug gun. I'm afraid I know little about that one, other than it's camoflauged and has rifle sights. CVA used to make a traditional shotgun that wasn't bad. Others have not so nice things to say about CVA, but my experiences have always been positive. You'd have to look for that one used, though. Pretty sure they don't make it anymore. It would be less costly than the Pedersoli, but workmanship isn't as nice on it.

Cpt. Redleg
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top