Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2019 7:57:48 PM EDT
I bought this off a friend a few years back when he said he had a Mosin for sale. I figured it was another junky one and I'd put it into an Archangel stock and Bubba it...When I met hime, I saw that it only had one set of matching stamped numbers on the receiver, bolt, mag bottom and butt plate. It came with a bayo with a different number, and the 'accessory pack', with the oil bottle, mag pouches, sling and a few small tools. The other Mosins I have bought previously all had multiple numbers stamped and over-stamped all over it...

What I know from looking at it: It's a 1940 Tula, not counter-bored, and has very small importer mark on the left rear of the receiver- ATI Roch NY.

Anything anyone can add? What's a current value for this? I'm in Kentucky, btw. I also have 3 unopened and one opened spam cans of ammo I need to pull out. I know one can is Romanian silver-tip, but not sure on the others.

Receiver
bolt
mag
butt
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
91/30's are going for $250-$300 around here. Spam can of ammo $180.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
$400 easy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:10:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like a good solid example of a Soviet post war refurbished M91/30.  It wasn't made at  Izhevsk though, it was made at the Tula Arsenal. As far as the matching numbers go, none of the numbered parts on that rifle are factory original. The original numbered parts would have had the same BC letter prefix that the serial number on the barrel shank starts with. Like the vast majority of Soviet M91/30's in the U.S., yours was refurbished at a Soviet refurbishment facility post war. During this process the rifle was stripped down to its barreled receiver and reblued. The removed parts were inspected for serviceability and then thrown into bins by part.   When the rifle was reassembled no effort was made to use the original parts. Parts with a different number had that number lined out or ground off and the number on the barrel was re-stamped on these parts. It as then placed in one of those green crates we all remember so fondly and stored until it was sold as surplus in the U.S.  It's quite common to see rifles like yours that lack the letter prefix since the Soviet's didn't always bother to include them during the refurb process. It's a good looking rifle with none of the unsightly line outs or electro pencil marks, I'd price it at around 275$ or so possibly more in some areas. Like Apocalypto said, the spam cans are bringing 150-180$ in some areas.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like a good solid example of a Soviet post war refurbished M91/30.  It wasn't made at  Izhevsk though, it was made at the Tula Arsenal. As far as the matching numbers go, none of the numbered parts on that rifle are factory original. The original numbered parts would have had the same BC letter prefix that the serial number on the barrel shank starts with. Like the vast majority of Soviet M91/30's in the U.S., yours was refurbished at a Soviet refurbishment facility post war. During this process the rifle was stripped down to its barreled receiver and reblued. The removed parts were inspected for serviceability and then thrown into bins by part.   When the rifle was reassembled no effort was made to use the original parts. Parts with a different number had that number lined out or ground off and the number on the barrel was re-stamped on these parts. It as then placed in one of those green crates we all remember so fondly and stored until it was sold as surplus in the U.S.  It's quite common to see rifles like yours that lack the letter prefix since the Soviet's didn't always bother to include them during the refurb process. It's a good looking rifle with none of the unsightly line outs or electro pencil marks, I'd price it at around 275$ or so possibly more in some areas. Like Apocalypto said, the spam cans are bringing 150-180$ in some areas.
View Quote
Very informative, thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top