Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2013 7:35:02 PM EDT
The ones currently on the market. Is there any evidence to support any of there were in VC hands?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 12:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Without capture papers I think you will be pretty much SOL in trying to say you had one that was in viet cong hands.  I have seen a handful for sale with papers so they are out there, but your talking private sale from a Vet, or a family member.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
None of the bunch currently available.

A local guy brought back a Type 53 he took off the VC he killed. It had two 5.56 bullet holes in it. One on the receiver ring  that peened the bolt shut and another in the mag.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:00:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Current imports are from Albania.

There are VN bring-back T53s floating around; I know a gentleman who sent one back (along with a MAS-36).
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:25:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I own a Vietnam bring back type 53 . Other than history it was incredibly rough. Sewer pipe bore keyholed shots .I turned it loose to a collector.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:28:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own a Vietnam bring back type 53 . Other than history it was incredibly rough. Sewer pipe bore keyholed shots .I turned it loose to a collector.

View Quote

The couple that Ive seen in the wild were rough to say the least as were the tt33s.

Please watch the derogatory comments.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Current imports are from Albania.

There are VN bring-back T53s floating around; I know a gentleman who sent one back (along with a MAS-36).
View Quote

This, the current crop are from Albania, but I picked one up since it had the look of a Vietnam bringback....I wonder when we will start seeing these on GB with the import marks removed and being sold as "Vietnam Bringbacks"....
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I collect WWII Japanese weapons and can tell you that the two type 53 bolt actions I have recieved have seen action somewhere .
If not in Nam than somewhere else that was hot .
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The couple that Ive seen in the wild were rough to say the least as were the tt33s.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 5:06:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top