Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2011 2:07:11 PM EDT
I removed the receiver and flipped it upside down.
Near the hole in the rear (ha ha sounds funny ) is 1894.
Is this the correct location of the original date?
Is my Finn Mosin an antique and can it be shipped directly to an individual in another state?
Are there any restrictions or is a Driver's License all that is required?
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
If it's the date on the bottom of the rear tang you're talking about, then yes, it IS and antique and can be sold as such I believe.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2011 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
how would one log that in their bound book? would you just make a notation that the rifle is an antique? it would have been serial numbered on import and up until the point of your discovery have been logged as a firearm.
Link Posted: 1/25/2011 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
There is no requirement to log antiques in you book.  They are exempt.  If you logged it you can remove it or leave it. If you sell it you are not required to ship to a FFL or C&R.  Think of them as "ghost weapons".  A antique weapon is the best of anything as no paperwork ever needs to be done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 4:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
...  Think of them as "ghost weapons".  A antique weapon is the best of anything as no paperwork ever needs to be done.

I like that concept. Makes it easy to remember.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I like that term but it sounds like something retarded journalists would use as a buzz word for anti gun sentiment.  I can see it now...IS YOUR FAMILY IN DANGER BECAUSE OF GHOST WEAPONS?!?! WE HAVE THE STORY AT 9!

Back on topic, sounds like a neat gun. I've never personally seen one that old before.  What kind of condition is it in?
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:06:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like that term but it sounds like something retarded journalists would use as a buzz word for anti gun sentiment.  I can see it now...IS YOUR FAMILY IN DANGER BECAUSE OF GHOST WEAPONS?!?! WE HAVE THE STORY AT 9!

Back on topic, sounds like a neat gun. I've never personally seen one that old before.  What kind of condition is it in?

Mint condition as it is a factory build back in the 60s or 70s (I think) or one of those years.
Basically its like a new gun on a very old receiver.
It is on the EE and someone was asking about shipping it directly to them since it is supposedly an antique.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can't appease anti-gunners, so quit trying.

OP:  I recorded my antique MN, but only to keep all my old stuff recorded and in order.  Easier for me to arrange that way.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:40:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Edit: NVM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top