Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 10:56:23 AM EDT
Due to some money issues, I am having to consider selling a firearm.  Due to everything going on in the firearms world, values are a little bit hard to pin down.  I am considering selling a SA M-1 Garand - Service Grade from CMP.  I have never fired the rifle and really bought it as collection piece a few years ago.  I also have 2 sealed spam cans of 30-06 (192rd in clips each can).  Looked at varous sites, not looking to rip someone off, but also not looking to give it away, and figured $850.00 would be a fair asking price.  What are your opinions?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
You need the money you want the most you can get....

register on gunbroker.com  

the ammo is going for 125 or so a can...  thats 250 alone......  put 120 buy it now....I GUARANTEE you will sell right away..... put 18 bucks fopr shipping..... I just sold 2 of my cans to buy another gun I found.....

also check gunbroker for the value of the  Garand.. I know the CMP ones are sought after.....   I was thinking around 800 for it....   check gunbroker, you can look at past sold ones as well

I would put a ad for the Garand as well on gunbroker.... WITH As much DETAIL as possible, break it apart..MANY PICS.. The add is what sells the item..I have seen many things go cheap becasue of crappy adds....

If you were to sell the ammo on here, I would say 100 bucks a can and they pay ship....Would be fair.....although there are many people who,will try to Low ball you....
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#2]
http://http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=144229826

heres oone that I just found.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:43:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The easiest sell for the Garand and ammo would be a post on the CMP Forum
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#5]

thing there, it was 75 a can, even though its out of stock, people will have a hissy if he tries making a few bucks.....
I think put it on here for 100-110 a can buyer pays ship and it will sell..  heck 100 a can I may be tempted,,,,

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Depending where you are in PA, you could always take it to a gun show and try to sell it there-  The Valley Froge show is next month.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 2:40:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

thing there, it was 75 a can, even though its out of stock, people will have a hissy if he tries making a few bucks.....

I think put it on here for 100-110 a can buyer pays ship and it will sell..  heck 100 a can I may be tempted,,,,

Quoted:

let them throw a hissy fit.  I got in the game later than I'd like but I don't complain about forking over some extra $ because I missed the boat.  The value of a can today is what it is.  Unless he's sellin' it to family, no reason to sell it below what the current value is.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Exactly......  You need the money get what you can....   I just think plenty of people willing to pay 100-120 a can... thats the Min I have seen them for ....  Just thought on the CMP they would throw a fit....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top