Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:23:20 PM EDT
Today at the rifle range, every time i would load up my 2 mags for my CZ52, after the first shot, the base plate would fall off of the magazine then the spring would go flying, the ammo would fall out, and the follower would fall out too.  What can I do to fix this?

I managed to put them back together (only spent 10 minutes looking for the spring, lol) and the small wire that gets locked in off of the spring to the mag seems to hold well (i can't pull the base plate off) but as soon as I'd cock the pistol or fire the mag would do sthe same thing...

Im thinking either duct tape or trying to bend the metal spring peice at the base up.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
warcow
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 3:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Forgot to add that these magazines have been stored fully loaded for about 6 months if that has any relevance
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 10:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this happen to mine to. Scared the crap out of me the first time it happened. I just bent the piece of mag spring sticking out alittle more. I was going to try and drill a hole on the bottom and use a 1911 inner base plate so it acted like a normal mag but I sold it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the same problemb but I found out that the magazine itself was squished at the bottom and the floor plate wont stay on because of that, so when you go to pull it out the floor plate comes off. Its not the spring on mine at all.
Just something to consider.

I am going to try and re widen the mag itself and see if it helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top