Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 3:56:24 PM EDT
Will more Mauser's ever become available?  
Is it due to the import laws?  
Are there just none left to be imported?
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:18:52 PM EDT
[#2]
there are hundreds of thousands more in Russia/ former Soviet States.  there is another batch from the former Yugoslavia working it's way through customs right now.....C&R mausers will be around for quite awhile.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
there are hundreds of thousands more in Russia/ former Soviet States.  there is another batch from the former Yugoslavia working it's way through customs right now.....C&R mausers will be around for quite awhile.

advntrjnky

I hope the hell your right, because I'm only a week in to waiting for this darned C&R, and a K98 is right on top of the list!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 5:55:47 PM EDT
[#4]
a number of dealers still have russian capture K98s, and the picture i saw of the Yugoslavian stuff had K98s, m48s, m24/47s, and IIRC some m24/52Cs.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The rifle is one thing. The ammo is another completely.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I have a small stash of it.  roughly 600rds, that will last me about 3 years no more than I shoot the 8mm to much punch, I use the ak for blasting!!

This yugo stuff you talk about where did you see pics of it??  I wonder if they're the original Nazi K98's  you know the unpeened eagle ones.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 6:48:32 PM EDT
[#7]
the picture was over at milsurpshooter.net.......all Yugo re-works are almost completely scrubbed of any markings that were there prior to the re-furb.  you will find some small eagles and factory number stamps, though.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
ah the castrated k98's....  not dissing the yugo ones, but I love the history of a russian capture.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#9]
you should learn your history....there is just as much history in a Yugoslavian k98.......plus how do you think all those really worn ones got worn when they were rebuilt after WW2......they had a war in the 90's.  none of the Yugo K98's are war reparations.....they are all captures.  Russian got war reparations....not all were captured on the eastern front.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#10]
+1....I would have said the same had I seen the post before you did
So I'll sum it up simply as well...those who don't think there is any history behind Yugoslav firearms, must have missed a giganti period of time in the 80's 90's....The M48...the 59/66...and the M70, and 80, and other AK type Yugo rifles are all deep seeded with their own battlefield history...just not one that has great American stories.

Quoted:
you should learn your history....there is just as much history in a Yugoslavian k98.......plus how do you think all those really worn ones got worn when they were rebuilt after WW2......they had a war in the 90's.  none of the Yugo K98's are war reparations.....they are all captures.  Russian got war reparations....not all were captured on the eastern front.

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]
We have been running out of Mausers since I first got into this game.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen "the last availible Mausers ever" ads in the last 40 years.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

advntrjnky

I wasn't saying the yugo's had no history, I was just saying I liked the history behind the russian captures, because most of the Nazi markings are still intact.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:48:51 PM EDT
[#13]
All I know is that I don't have enough rifles.  I don't have enough Mauser's,  I don't have enough Mosin's,  and I certainly don't have enough Enfields.  What I do know is that I have an addiction,  and addiction that must be fed.  And if the imports dry up I'm fooked.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#14]
well, my problem is I'm waiting on my C&R.  Next problem is how I'm going to afford these damn things, and then I'll get to the addiction part
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 4:19:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
well, my problem is I'm waiting on my C&R.  Next problem is how I'm going to afford these damn things, and then I'll get to the addiction part

Cut up your credit cards now.  Don't post to this reply.  Do not pass GO.  Do not collect $200.  Cut up your credit cards now.  The fact that you've sent away for your license tells me your already in to deep.  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:48:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, see that's the good part.  I'm smart see I started early on this, I'm 21 and I have no credit cards to cut up.  Now there is that minor problem with my debit card and checking account  Then there is the cash I've been saving for a car......

OH GOD I'M IN DEEP NOW!!!!!   maybe I'll ask for a raise tomarrow!!  yeah see that not happening
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Good luck.  And remember don't sign your C & R until after you make copies.  Each copy is supposed to be hand signed.  I've only been at it for about a year and a half,  and I'm on page two of my bound book.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:20:52 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

advntrjnky

I wasn't saying the yugo's had no history, I was just saying I liked the history behind the russian captures, because most of the Nazi markings are still intact.

I understand!

advntrjnky

ETA:  The one thing that has made my Milsurp collecting/ shooting more enjoyable was getting the reloading equipment for the calibers i have.......i don't have to worry about surplus ammo supply anymore/ corrosive primers.  don't get me wrong i still buy it cheap/ stack it deep, but i don't stress over it running out anymore or not having any for particular firearm i want.  brass/ bullets/ loading data is available for all.

Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:45:46 PM EDT
[#19]
It happened.   The C&R come today!! 10days from the day it was mailed. simply amazing
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 4:47:21 PM EDT
[#20]
It happened.  The C&R come today.  10days after I mailed it!  Just when I want to save some money first boom they hit me with it.   simply amazing.
Top Top