Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2005 7:28:32 AM EDT
While poking around in a local shop yesterday, I came across a clean 1967 Ishapore L2A1 7.62x51 Enfield for $180 w/crusty pig sticker and oddly a Garand sling. Sadly I'm not pic capable but, the rifle is in very nice shape.  All matching #'s on Bolt, Receiver, Stock, and Nose cap. Bore is bright and shiny.  Only blems are some inletted narrow strips(2) of wood in handguard behind the rear sight and some brazing done on the magazine.  The rest of the stock has a beautiful dark figure and I'd rate the finish around 80% with a nice patina. After a thorough cleaning, I took it out and found that it was a blast to shoot.  Will take some practice getting used to those sights...

Now for the questons.

1)There is a the number "46" painted in small white letter on one side of the butt stock and an SA with an arrow in between the numbers on the opposite side. Any ideas?
2)I'd like to pick up a cleaner magazine but, can't find any vendor for the specific 7.62 mag. Thoughts?
3) Any idea where to pick up an Enfield sling as well?
4)Buttstock is slightly loose but, no screwdriver in my arsenal is quite long enough to reach the socket screw. What do you folks use to reach it, any tricks?

Thanx for looking(Happy Holidays!)

Blitz
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#1]
best bet for the screwdriver is to buy a REALLY long screwdriver.

as for 7.62 mags, good luck, I've been looking for one for a buddies rifle for some time

edit:  numrich has "replacement" mags, not sure how well they work
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:56:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I've seen those 2A1 magazines around but they are $50 each now.

I'd sure try to clean your existing one up first.

Dennis Jenkins

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:43:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Try Springfield Sporters for a No2 magazine, or Brian Dick at BDL.

www.ssporters.com
www.bdlltd.com

As for the screwdriver, yup just get a big one......no other way.

The number on the buttstock is a rack number, put there when the rifle went into stores.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I gotta' question!

Where's the pics?

ETA no excuses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top