Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2005 8:07:15 PM EDT
      A fellow club member wants me to reload 4 or 5 boxes of 30-40 Kraig for him . He has brass that all was fired thru his gun and the reloads will only be used in this same gun for general range use.
      Can I get away with neck sizeing only or should I go for full length resizeing ? I was hopeing to get a few more reload cycles out of the brass but I didn't know if the action has the leverage to handle a tighter case that the neck size would give me ?
       I have reloaded my share of rifle ammo but have little knowledge on the Kraig .
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
If your worried about it, neck size a case, and seat a bullet in it minus powder/primer.   Then try to feed it, this will give you a good indication if its possible.

Given .30-40 Krag pressures, you should get excellent case life neck sizing.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If your worried about it, neck size a case, and seat a bullet in it minus powder/primer.   Then try to feed it, this will give you a good indication if its possible.

Given .30-40 Krag pressures, you should get excellent case life neck sizing.

+1

Neck sizing will work fine for ya, me thinks.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:04:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:36:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
      A fellow club member wants me to reload 4 or 5 boxes of 30-40 Kraig for him . He has brass that all was fired thru his gun and the reloads will only be used in this same gun for general range use.
      Can I get away with neck sizeing only or should I go for full length resizeing ? I was hopeing to get a few more reload cycles out of the brass but I didn't know if the action has the leverage to handle a tighter case that the neck size would give me ?
       I have reloaded my share of rifle ammo but have little knowledge on the Kraig .

I would NEVER reload for anyone else, even more so for an older rifle like the Krag. And on the flip side, I would NEVER shoot anyone elses reloads in any of my rifles.

You never know what can happen and I just about guarantee that you cannot stand the liability if anything happened with that guys rifle. That is a huge risk you are taking, IMHO.

Now, if he wants to come over and reload his own ammo on your equipment, that would be a different matter.

Be very careful with this.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I agree with you.
I am going to do the case prep duties,pick a nice mild load and work up to it,and then have my buddy do the reloading under my direction. In other words I am going to teach him how to reload and watch over him to check for blunders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top