Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 2:27:05 PM EDT
from AIM, can't wait to get them. Should fit right in with my M1 Garand, 1903A3, Russian MN 91/30, German 98k Mauser and Chinese SKS.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the K31 and I have a Savage made Enfield.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
consider getting started in reloading for the k31. ammo aint cheap.

i have dies and shell plate commin sometime next week.

the week after....i will order the k31.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#3]
The K31 is cheap, but the ammo will kill you.  Surplus GP11 runs about $23 plus shipping for 60 rounds.  I can only think of one company that makes new production 7.5 Swiss, and the name eludes me at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:02:34 AM EDT
[#4]
At various times, Norma, FNM and Hornady/Frontier made ammo for the K31.  It is mainly a reloaders rifle although the short throat complicates that.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
The K31 is cheap, but the ammo will kill you.  Surplus GP11 runs about $23 plus shipping for 60 rounds.  I can only think of one company that makes new production 7.5 Swiss, and the name eludes me at the moment.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 11:27:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Norma was the one I was thinking of.  They're the only ones I've seen with new production 7.5.

Quoted:
At various times, Norma, FNM and Hornady/Frontier made ammo for the K31.  It is mainly a reloaders rifle although the short throat complicates that.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I reload for everything thing I own and shoot, rifle and pistol. I haven't bought factory ammo in years.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Would it be possible to rechamber it for .308? That would solve the availability problems. How do the ballistics of the 7,5 compare to the .308?
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Should be able to do it without any problems. Both use .308 bullets. Might want to check on some of the Swiss rifle boards for confirmation.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#9]
It would be a LOT easier to handload for it.  It's not that hard.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Would it be possible to rechamber it for .308? That would solve the availability problems. How do the ballistics of the 7,5 compare to the .308?

Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#10]
There was the FNM that everyone complained about.  I'm pretty sure Hornady makes new production right now.

Grafs carries it.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Norma was the one I was thinking of.  They're the only ones I've seen with new production 7.5.

Quoted:

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top