Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 12:09:31 PM EDT
 DAMN, when the CMP says they are covered in grease, csmo, dirt and such, they are NOT KIDDING.........

On a side note, the barrel is marked Rem 2-43 with the flaming bomb......

Now I have work to do, this is going to be messy.......
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
here's mine, Remington built in the mid 40s, can't remember exact year
shot it yesterday with some people. more accurate than we were
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet......did you get yours through the CMP?

A member had one for sale awhile back, that was PRISTINE, I would have bought it, but my funds were dedicated for something else....that was one sweet 1903A3.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Where did you get it and for how much?

Oh, don't forget pictures.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Where did you get it and for how much?

Oh, don't forget pictures.

$420.95 from the CMP......
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice rifle!!! Looks like a good buy.

I bought one from CMP also. Excellent rifle. Way more accurte than me. I've had it out two or three times. Always puts a smile on my face.

CMP really comes through.

Wish I had more money. I'd have another 03A3, a couple 03s, another Garand or two or three, and a couple p17s.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Here you go guys, all cleaned up and ready for action.

I used mineral spirits for the metel, and Formbys Wood Restorer for the stock, rubbed on with a rag, 3 times and then washed down with clean Formbys, and dryed. Then I took some gun oil on a rag and rubbed into the wood, let it set and buffed it out with a rag, and here we are..

and here are some of the stampings on teh stock, another reason why I did not sand it....

and here we have what I believe is a Arsenal repair to the stock...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
How's the throat and muzzle wear?  Any wear numbers come with the gun?

When I went out to the CMP Store at Camp Perry, they had several 03A3s on the racks that literally swallowed the muzzle gauge.  Then again, they had some with barrels that were nearly un-issued.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:27:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I dont have a guage,, Yet.... but the bullet test, looks ok....
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:44:42 PM EDT
[#9]
no. impulse buy at a gun show. I knew nothing about 1903s other than that I eventually wanted one. Can't remember for sure but I think I paid a touch over $500 after tax, normally I only buy stuff that I know the going price of at a show, but I saw it and it was in great shape so I bought it
just looked back in my checkbook, it was $507.69

Quoted:
Sweet......did you get yours through the CMP?

A member had one for sale awhile back, that was PRISTINE, I would have bought it, but my funds were dedicated for something else....that was one sweet 1903A3.....

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Even though I am not a military collector I am going to have to get one of those....

MT

Nice pics!
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]
thats a damn fine 03A3..........I've been looking for one in very good condition for years.........damn canada..I can get enfields up the wazoo..but hard to find 03's  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#12]
I will tell you this. A good 03' will put a bullet ANYWHERE - and I do mean ANYWHERE you want it to. The rifles positively SINGS to you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top