Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2003 9:40:40 AM EDT
Just receibed 2 RC K98's from AIM.  One is for me and the other is a gift for a friend.  I am more interested in the collectability than my friend and both are in very similar general condition.  Bluing is 95% on both, stocks are in great shape with no major dings or repairs.  Eagles are intact on both and unpeened.  Here is a description of the markings on both:

Cupped butt plate
serial # 1048 bb
BCD

Flat butt plate
serial #4462c
BCD

Are these 1943 and 1944 build dates respectively?  I am only keeping one of these, which is more collectable?  The earlier date the better as far as I am concerned.

Thanks in advanced for any help

Link Posted: 10/19/2003 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I would say the earlier date, but flat but plates are far fewer in number.

As for collectability, the RC Mausers have been a big failure with collectors.  The quality of the rebuilds is quite bad. Wrong parts everywhere, all the etching etc..........
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, obershutze916 is correct. The RCs are not just Russian captures, but also Russian rewirks, and the quality varies. Most collect these as shooters, although their value is bound to increase they will not approach German 98k values.
I have a Yugo rework, called incorrectly a YC or Yugo capture. It's value is as a shooter.
Keep whichever one you like most.
Jim
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top