Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2003 11:46:26 AM EDT
I was wondering if any of you could ID an old revolver for me.  It came from my brother's inlaw's.  Rumor has it that it is from the early 1900's, but that doesn't mean much.

There are only a couple of visible marks on the gun.  The grips have the "FN" symbol on them.  On the top of the gun, above the cylinder, the words "Frontier Bulldog" appear.  

There is a roughly stamped number on the right side, below the cylinder (2x) Serial number??

To load the weapon, you load one shell, then rotate the cylinder, and then repeat.  

My brother told me he thought it was a 44-40, but he wasn't sure.  An empty 44 Mag casing fits   in the gun.  

Under the trigger guard, there is a grip for your middle finger.  

There is another symbol to the right of the cylinder, that I can't quite make out.  Half of it looks like a sidewise "Y", and I'm not sure what the other half is.

Anybody have any ideas?

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:04:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Clues?

Look like this, only in more utilitarian form?  British 44 Bulldog?

Bulldog appears to be pretty generic.

-- Chuck

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't really look like that.  I don't have a digital camera, but I'll try and post a pic if I can borrow one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top