Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 4:15:40 AM EDT
One thing that makes getting Shot Gun News delivered every 10 days are the articles in they contain. They usually have at least one interesting article, usually more.

The only down side are the obvious mistakes some of the articles contain. I'm talking about simple articles that are filed with mistakes. You would think that these guys get paid for thier articles they could at least try to make sure they are accurate.

As one example, the latest SGN has an article on C&R licenses. Definitely a good article to have since SGN is "the bible" of C&R literature.

I did a quick scan and was easilly able to find 2 mistakes. That's without reading the complete article. I'm sure I'll find more.

Mistake 1-

(and paying the appropriate fees, which are now $30 per year)

I really hope they didn't raise the fees to $30 per year, if so its not likely I'll be renewing my license.

Mistake 2-

What records am I required to send to the ATF upon discontinuance of my business?

What business? You're specifically not allowed to have a business! You're a collector not a dealer just like it says in the second paragraph of the article.
To add to this mistake the author references a section of code that instructs that your records must be sent to the ATF. Clearly this section is only for dealers and not collectors! Collectors need not send any information to the ATF if they decide not to renew thier license. Instead they are required to keep thier bound book for future reference only if the ATF decides to audit them.

Like I said, nice articles but to read something like this it starts me wondering how accurate the other articles are.

Edited to add:
Got a chance to finish the rest of the article.
Have to admit there is some real good info & links at the end as well as some good advice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2003 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That's another reason why I only read the C&R book sent by ATF when I got my C&R License.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top