Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2011 3:45:32 PM EDT
i have a lead on a Sauer Model 38H 32 ACP / 7.65 caliber pistol,

no German proof marks, serial number 508,XXX or 518,XXX range,

believed to be built in 1945, "USGI built" ( put together after the plant was liberated by the Americans )

"needs bluing and rear sight" according to the seller. i havent seen it in person, and... no, i wouldnt reblue it.

what would be a BALL PARK value for this? this will be bought for my personal collection.

i know the German proof marked ones go for $500-600 at the gun shows here, in average condition. on gunbroker German proof marked ones are listed at 700-1200 with holsters, but i dont use gunbroker to gauge real world values.

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure on a price w/o pics but, Numrich has some parts.  I have a pre-war dutch police contact Sauer 38(no safety on the slide) that is a beautiful shooter. Watch out for fragile grips. If you pick it up, I'd grab some modern plastic repros for it to wear while shooting.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't know they were worth that much. I have a mid-war German proofed (frame, slide and barrel) with safety and 1 mag.

I've had this for many years. Always thought they didn't hold much collector interest. $200 or so.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
First dont buy a story buy the gun.

As for the cost I would say in the condition stated in the $200 range.

At the gunshop we would give you $50 for it on trade or sell.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First dont buy a story buy the gun.

As for the cost I would say in the condition stated in the $200 range.

At the gunshop we would give you $50 for it on trade or sell.

im not sure how many other "stories" could accompany a gun like this, how else would it get assembled and into the U.S. without the German proofings and bluing ?

im going on the assumption that it was put together after the war as a souvenir for a soldier... and thats how its being sold.  thats exactly how my friends uncle got one...

now, if it were "the gun hitler shot himself with" THAT would be a story...
Top Top