Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 3:45:32 PM EDT
i have a lead on a Sauer Model 38H 32 ACP / 7.65 caliber pistol,

no German proof marks, serial number 508,XXX or 518,XXX range,

believed to be built in 1945, "USGI built" ( put together after the plant was liberated by the Americans )

"needs bluing and rear sight" according to the seller. i havent seen it in person, and... no, i wouldnt reblue it.

what would be a BALL PARK value for this? this will be bought for my personal collection.

i know the German proof marked ones go for $500-600 at the gun shows here, in average condition. on gunbroker German proof marked ones are listed at 700-1200 with holsters, but i dont use gunbroker to gauge real world values.

thanks!
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 6:02:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not sure on a price w/o pics but, Numrich has some parts.  I have a pre-war dutch police contact Sauer 38(no safety on the slide) that is a beautiful shooter. Watch out for fragile grips. If you pick it up, I'd grab some modern plastic repros for it to wear while shooting.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Didn't know they were worth that much. I have a mid-war German proofed (frame, slide and barrel) with safety and 1 mag.

I've had this for many years. Always thought they didn't hold much collector interest. $200 or so.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 11:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
First dont buy a story buy the gun.

As for the cost I would say in the condition stated in the $200 range.

At the gunshop we would give you $50 for it on trade or sell.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 2:24:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
First dont buy a story buy the gun.

As for the cost I would say in the condition stated in the $200 range.

At the gunshop we would give you $50 for it on trade or sell.

im not sure how many other "stories" could accompany a gun like this, how else would it get assembled and into the U.S. without the German proofings and bluing ?

im going on the assumption that it was put together after the war as a souvenir for a soldier... and thats how its being sold.  thats exactly how my friends uncle got one...

now, if it were "the gun hitler shot himself with" THAT would be a story...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top