Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2013 5:42:49 PM EDT
I just bought a savage mark II fsvr and I was looking for a good optic for it. I like the nikon target master, but was wondering if anybody has the scope. On a rimfire rifle or does anybody have any other suggestions on a scope for it I just want a good scope about for target shooting thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2013 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I put a Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-12x40 AO.  It's mounted using a pair of Leupold PRW low rings.  So far I like it but the scope cap on the objective hits the barrel when adjusted.  I have only sighted in the rifle so I can't comment on how well the scope holds up.  The light tranmission is good and the adjustments seem solid.  I don't like how easily the objective turns but I have not used it enought to know if this is going to be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 3:11:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Savage 93R17 FV.  I went to Cabelas a couple weeks back and selected a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40.  I looked through a dozen scopes.  I picked a point on the other side of the store, and looked at it through each scope.  With a price of $180, I thought it was the best scope for the money out of the ones I looked at.  I still have to select a mount rings and a stock to complete my rifle.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 3:17:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a primary arms 4-16 on mine.  It was an extra optic I had already and it should work out well for that application.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 8:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Find it at a local shop, or what? I want an FVSR bad, and can't find it anywhere. Local shops don't carry it, and can't find it online, which is where I get 99% of my firearms.
Link Posted: 2/10/2013 9:45:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've got a primary arms 4-16 on mine.  It was an extra optic I had already and it should work out well for that application.

This works great a little on the high side using med mounts I would recommend lows for a better cheek weld.
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 2:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This works great a little on the high side using med mounts I would recommend lows for a better cheek weld.

I used low rings and a Boyds stock.  The factory stock is terrible and even with low rings gave me chin weld.  

Link Posted: 2/11/2013 6:06:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Any of the nikon rimfire scope.  Great for the money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 12:54:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I just picked mine up yesterday. I got it online, but the place is now sold out!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 4:44:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any of the nikon rimfire scope.  Great for the money.

Yes, I just picked up a Nikon Prostaff 3x9 Target EFR. This is specifically designed for target shooting 22LR or airguns because it can focus out to 200 yards all the way into 10 yards with the AO. Also, it has a very fine target reticle. It is certainly worth a look.

The Vortex Diamondback 3x9 for rimfire may be the best glass in the price range from what I have read but it has a set parallax at 50 yards - so if you want to shoot at 25 or 100... you may lose accuracy. I picked up both and couldn't tell the difference in clarity on a sunny day but I did like the tactile controls on the Nikon better. These two are almost the same price along with the Nikon Prostaff 3x9 rimfire with BDC.
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
What sort of optic mount does this need for whatever optic you get?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 5:42:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm using low rings with my 44mm objective and still have plenty of room.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a Mueller APV 4.5-14x40AO on my cz ul good scope for the price around $ 130.00
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top