Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 4:10:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/28/2011 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I once owned a pre-lawsuit GSG-5L carbine. While fun to shoot, it required a good bit of tinkering to make it run right. I've heard the post-lawsuit guns are better built, but I haven't shot one to say yay or nay on that.

The GSG AK model reeks of cheapness to me. Flimsy mags, flimsy stock, etc. Just another airsoft knock-off, IMO.

Please allow me to suggest a hard look at the Sig 522 instead. It uses metal Black Dog mags ($25ea), so they're pretty stout in case they're dropped. I've also owned the S&W AR-22 & had reliability issues & it too uses plastic mags.

Sig 522 hands down in this class of gun, IMO.  

My .o2
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 5:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I once owned a pre-lawsuit GSG-5L carbine. While fun to shoot, it required a good bit of tinkering to make it run right. I've heard the post-lawsuit guns are better built, but I haven't shot one to say yay or nay on that.

The GSG AK model reeks of cheapness to me. Flimsy mags, flimsy stock, etc. Just another airsoft knock-off, IMO.

Please allow me to suggest a hard look at the Sig 522 instead. It uses metal Black Dog mags ($25ea), so they're pretty stout in case they're dropped. I've also owned the S&W AR-22 & had reliability issues & it too uses plastic mags.

Sig 522 hands down in this class of gun, IMO.  

My .o2

Well spoken, I have owned a few GSG's pre=lawsuit. They had nothing but problems, at least 5 separate times I had to get a call tag for something that went wrong with the platform which were all design flaws that could not be fixed.

Like BobCole said the GSG-AK's look and feel really cheap , personally I would not buy one. I would choose another manf. of a .22lr rifle.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Have both the SW 15-22 and the Sig 522, I much prefer the sig, but my SW has been a beast. I have had no issues with it what so ever, I did have mag issues with it. Both are GTG imo. I prefer the sig  based on personal preference/ergonomics, it is a more accurate (I am using the 21" DMR barrel), and will run any ammo I have tried. I also was looking for a diff. type of rifle than just another AR. I have found the Black Dog mag's as cheap as $12. I had been considering GSG series of rifles but after checking out the GSG 5 at a local store, and reading lots of reviews, I chose to pick up the SIG, and am glad I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top