Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/9/2010 6:49:36 PM EDT
I'm so surprised this hasn't been discussed yet, apparently these were at shot show 2010. These were supposed to be available by now and I am guessing that the hold up has something to do with a "H&K vs ATI"-type lawsuit. I love the FN-SCAR but wouldn't spend $2,500 +/- for one. What do you guys think?

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/TheLegend07/22scar.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b299/TheLegend07/22scar2.jpg
Link Posted: 10/9/2010 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#1]
depends on price but it looks like a cool plinker. But nothing more then that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, didn't see that at SHOT. Pretty cool looking. Wish they were using the more common Black Dog type magazines though. Have to see what they sell for...
Link Posted: 10/11/2010 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#3]
According to SMGlee at "calguns.net" (the guy I stole/borrowed these pics from) this weapon does accept black dogs magazines. Seems cool to me, for a .22 anyway. No real practical use but I mean it's 1/5 the price of a 5.56 SCAR so I'm anxious to try it out.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#4]
ill probably pick one up if it disassembles better than the GSG mp5 clone
Link Posted: 10/14/2010 8:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
These are supposed to ship this month............
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 10:02:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Who makes it?
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks nice!

After shooting a lot of .22 last weekend I got the bug to get a .22 AR clone for plinking.  After seeing this, maybe I'd better stop looking for a bit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who makes it?

ISSC, according to that guy from CalGuns.net. His name is SMGlee and I think he goes to all of the ShotShows and takes a lot of pictures. Anyway, the same company also makes a Glock clone chambered for .22

I also like the idea of $15 for 500 rounds. I'm a SCAR fan, I like them more than I ever liked the M4/M16 but can't justify buying one because I'm not in the Special Forces
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the price expected to be?
Link Posted: 10/20/2010 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
After handling...then shooting... then  buying a Sig 522, it is going to take a pretty damned good rimfire to interest me. Sig really raised the bar for these kinds of rifles. If it is of that quality I might consider it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2010 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#11]
I emailed them a couple days ago and asked about a release date:

"Mid-November and that's a firm date."

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I emailed them a couple days ago and asked about a release date:

"Mid-November and that's a firm date."

I heard my info about them shipping this month from their rep on twitter...

Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 10/21/2010 6:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
While shooting my glock is fun, I just feel like I need something to plink with and there are some really cool looking .22's out there. Not that I'd use it for HD but just for fun.
Link Posted: 10/22/2010 6:51:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I would love to see them make this in TAN. I would be on it ASAP!
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder what that electrical tape is for behind the hand grip?  Weak spot that  cracked?
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Wow!! Never noticed that before.  Must be that all new Tactical Black Combat S.C.A.R. Tape.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Lol I noticed but people with airsoft SCAR's always complain that the stock is prone to cracking. If they ship in November, I know what I want for Christmas. I definitely want one in tan.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who makes it?

ISSC, according to that guy from CalGuns.net. His name is SMGlee and I think he goes to all of the ShotShows and takes a lot of pictures. Anyway, the same company also makes a Glock clone chambered for .22

I also like the idea of $15 for 500 rounds. I'm a SCAR fan, I like them more than I ever liked the M4/M16 but can't justify buying one because I'm not in the Special Forces

Anyone else heard the claims that ISSC is getting sued over that Glock clone? A friend of mine got one for next to nothing because the dealer told him distributors have reduced prices to sacrifice levels to get rid of them before they're ordered to pull them off the market-probably just more gunshow wisdom, but who knows?
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 5:53:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who makes it?

Anyone else heard the claims that ISSC is getting sued over that Glock clone? A friend of mine got one for next to nothing because the dealer told him distributors have reduced prices to sacrifice levels to get rid of them before they're ordered to pull them off the market-probably just more gunshow wisdom, but who knows?

I actually heard that as well, but in this case, I think it was to make me panic purchase....which I didn't.
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:13:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I had heard that as well at a local show this past weekend. I was looking at a GSG 1911 with a guy that I had bought from before and I told him that it was going to be my next gun. He started in with the GSG5 lawsuit and the .22 Glock lawsuit and how I had better buy it now before they get sued.

I was like Who the F is gonna sue them for a 100 y/o design that everybody already makes a copy of? Bunch of high pressure gun show BS. I went home and ordered it from my local go-to shop for $20 cheaper.

Maybe they got sued, maybe they didn't but I'm not sure if that would make me more likely or less likely to buy one.
Link Posted: 10/28/2010 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I had heard that as well at a local show this past weekend. I was looking at a GSG 1911 with a guy that I had bought from before and I told him that it was going to be my next gun. He started in with the GSG5 lawsuit and the .22 Glock lawsuit and how I had better buy it now before they get sued.

I was like Who the F is gonna sue them for a 100 y/o design that everybody already makes a copy of? Bunch of high pressure gun show BS. I went home and ordered it from my local go-to shop for $20 cheaper.

Maybe they got sued, maybe they didn't but I'm not sure if that would make me more likely or less likely to buy one.

the seller said they might get sued over a 1911?!?How many companies are making a 1911 clone now? I'd be willing to bet it's over 87, especially when bare frames for builds are considered. I understand people claiming it about the Glock clone(actually, I'm surprised companies offering guns now with similar style triggers haven't been sued yet), but everybody and their uncle is producing a 1911 type firearm these days.
I would like to shoot the SCAR though, didn't even know these had been designed. Cool idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top