Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 1:37:16 PM EDT
Finally in after waiting for 4 months to get the sherrif to sign and 3 months for the ATF to get their thumbs outta their asses.  

The suppressor is an SWR Warlock. The rifle was a wallyworld 10/22 that I slapped a few things on. I can't remember all the stuff on it but in case you're curious, here's what I remember.

Tactical Solutions barrel.
Leupold 2X-7X scope.
VQ fire control, mag release.
Hogue OM green stock.
Maybe a couple others.

It's really a neat rifle. Very quiet, light, and accurate.

In case you remember, i've posted the rifle before sans suppressor. It has since been archived.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
What county did it take 4 months to get a signoff, damn that is a long time, did one in horry county and it took 2 weeks 1st time 1 hr next time
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I've stood next to a guy shooting a 1022 w/ a can....they are VERY quiet.  

It sounded like someone was clicking a retractable pen.  

Have fun with it.  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What county did it take 4 months to get a signoff, damn that is a long time, did one in horry county and it took 2 weeks 1st time 1 hr next time

Then you must not have gotten the signoff very long ago. The can in that picture was the first suppressor that Sheriff Thompson in Horry county has signed off on. Now it's no problem.  Your welcome.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
took me 5 minutes to get the sign off. dropped the papers off, and by the time i got home, there was a message on my machine saying they were signed.

now im jsut waiting on the ATF.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice setup...looks like some serious fun
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

for what inparticular?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 5:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:36:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

for what inparticular?

The suppressor.

Approx $300 for the can. Another $200 for the NFA tax.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice setup.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:02:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Where did you get the green Houge stock?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
svi40 I hate to tell you but I got my first signoff in sept and was told that my suppressor was first, I was just hoping I got the first in Horry. actually you are the only other person in horry that has gotten a suppressor signoff that i know congrats, dmtsc
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice set up!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:52:06 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
svi40 I hate to tell you but I got my first signoff in sept and was told that my suppressor was first, I was just hoping I got the first in Horry. actually you are the only other person in horry that has gotten a suppressor signoff that i know congrats, dmtsc

Thats cool man, what kind of setup do you have? Maybe you have a couple pics you could share?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:27:27 PM EDT
[#15]
m4-96d on a colt 6920 and outback II on a kimber svt and ruger pistol, no pictures, in the process of moving, new job, and my wife ripped my computer apart to set up a new mac computer and im not up to speed give me about a month
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I like your set up, sweet, was down at indoor shooting range and everone seems to look at the cans when attached, like who is this, I just smile and laugh to myself,  also moved out of state or I would love to do a compaison shoot cans are so neat dmtsc ggoing to have to change to dmtwv
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm waiting on my first also, a Gemtech Outback II.  I still need to send my AR and 1911 conversion uppers off to Gemtech for the threading.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Just curious, have you noticed any change in accuracy?

-NM556
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 4:33:43 AM EDT
[#19]
i haven't seen any noticable difference in the outback II because the kimber svt out of the box was shooting .4" groups and I haven't had a chance to put it back on a bench with the can on, svi40 I'm not trying to hijack your thread just putting 2 cents worth
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:04:35 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just curious, have you noticed any change in accuracy?

-NM556

Quality suppressors shouldn't have any detrimental affects on accuracy -- groups should stay the same, and some even tighten. My suppressed Ruger 77/22 is a tackdriver. Point of impact may change between suppressed and unsuppressed though.

svi40, excellent-looking rifle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks again for all the kind words. As far as accuracy goes, it doesn't seem any more or less accurate, but I will say that it seems to prefer different types of ammo now. Before, federal cheap bulk stuff shot VERY well in it, now it doesn't. Likewise, Remington Target didn't shoot so well in the gun before i had the can, but now it will shoot cloverleafs. Go figure.

Luckily, it seems that all of the standard velocity stuff I have been shooting groups very well and functions fine. Accurate, quiet, and light. Neat stuff.

If any of you have been thinking about getting a .22 can but arent sure go ahead and do it. It really isn't that expensive and it is very fun.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#22]
How did you get a license to get a 'can'?
How many people do you have to know and how much $$?? (for the permit, not the unit).
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
How many people do you have to know and how much $$?? (for the permit, not the unit).

There is no license.  You fill out some forms for the ATF (form 4 I believe), send in a $200 check, wait for a approval and tax stamp, get a CLEO to sign off for you (basically saying their is nothing preventing you from owning the suppressor) and you take possesion of your suppressor.  Or something pretty close to that.  So you really don't need to know anyone, though I bet being the sheriff's best friend wouldn't hurt.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:20:28 PM EDT
[#24]
I just got my Warlock a few days ago too. Don't have any of my .22s threaded for it yet though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no license.  You fill out some forms for the ATF (form 4 I believe), send in a $200 check, wait for a approval and tax stamp, get a CLEO to sign off for you (basically saying their is nothing preventing you from owning the suppressor) and you take possesion of your suppressor.  Or something pretty close to that.  So you really don't need to know anyone, though I bet being the sheriff's best friend wouldn't hurt.  

Thanks
Does the $200 cover suppressors for everything, or is it a $200 tax for each one?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:19:29 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks
Does the $200 cover suppressors for everything, or is it a $200 tax for each one?

$200 tax per
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

$200 tax per

$200 per item, per transfer and the LEO signoff comes before you submit your paperwork, not after.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:03:49 PM EDT
[#28]
that is a very sexy rifle you have there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Once you get your permit to own a suppressor, can you order them from a suppressor manuf  by sending in the paperwork and $$ or does a C3 dealer have to order them fo you (and get his markup)?

Thanks for any info, I am really thinking about spending my bonus I get in 2 weeks on either a can or SBR.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:54:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Thanks for the info, MM.  Yea, I knew it was a tax stamp, just a brain fart in my terminology.   That is what I was wondering about, if it needed to go through a CIII dealer.  I am in the learning stage of this, but am really interested.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top