Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 4:11:16 AM EDT
Any comments with experience, good or bad ???

My son wants one , and I do too.

'Tis the season.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Its a fun gun, and can be quite accurate, however the gun can easily loose zero when knocked. Ive had one since they came out over here, but am now going to switch it for an R22. Its short and all the weight is in the back (in your sholder) whcih is great if your son is only small as he will be easily able to manage it, i added a bipod and a vertical front hand grip, which made it heavier at the front and therefore easier to keep on target.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I too have asked Santa for one of these for the following reasons. First I am a southpaw and it can be had in a left handed config. Last I intend to file a form 4 after the holidys for a can (probably a gemtech outback) and the bullpup config asorbs the extra length nicely.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#3]
IMHO they really messed up by not designing it to use P-22 magazines... but I'm a sucker for mag-compatibility, so don't mind me.

Otherwise, an interesting design that I might buy if it weren't overpriced for what it is (IMHO, YMMV!).

ETA:  I haven't shopped for them & base that solely on published prices - what have you guys paid in real-world-dollars?  I might reconsider...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:30:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had one for about a year now and I would not recommend it. It is accurate and fairly light but I hate to clean it (PITA) and it does lose zero since the upper rail is weak plastic. It is fun and a neat design but for the price I would go for an R22. The springs fly out of the G22 when cleaning and the receiver is some cheapo metal. More just a fun toy than a real target/varmint rifle.
On the other hand, my R22 has run perfect since day one, is more durable, and takes standard Ruger 10/22 mags. You may also want to consider a regular 10/22 which you can customize with a number of parts and stocks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I want one !
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
IMHO they really messed up by not designing it to use P-22 magazines... but I'm a sucker for mag-compatibility, so don't mind me.

Otherwise, an interesting design that I might buy if it weren't overpriced for what it is (IMHO, YMMV!).

ETA:  I haven't shopped for them & base that solely on published prices - what have you guys paid in real-world-dollars?  I might reconsider... hinking.gif

Im told that (not something that ive been able to try) if you put the G22 base plates on the P22 mag you can use the 12rd P22 mags. How much truth there is in that statment i dont know though. Anyone with both want to try? You may find someone on the Walther section of rimfire  central who knows though.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Im told that (not something that ive been able to try) if you put the G22 base plates on the P22 mag you can use the 12rd P22 mags. How much truth there is in that statment i dont know though. Anyone with both want to try? You may find someone on the Walther section of rimfire  central who knows though.

Matt

If true, that might go a long way toward making me reconsider this little bullpup... like I need another .22!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Proud owner of both a G22 and R22 here.

G22 - worked flawlessly straight out of the box. Accurate, compact, and fun to shoot. It does loose it's zero really easilly, and I don't like the face that the front sight adjustment sucks. Due to the composite handle/rail on the top, scopes rapidly loose their zero. 'Iron' sights are good enough for shooting up to 100yards, and it makes a great squirrel gun.

R22 - Problems since day 1. Thomas@Rhineland has been helpful, but I have to be honest, I've had zero misfeeds with my G22. R22 can be very ammo and mag fussy. Thomas has sent me a replacement extractor, and I'm waitingo n a replacement bolt from him. Hopefully that will clear things up. Happiness is being zoomed in at 100yd and firing subsonic though the R22, while watching the bullet drop and the effect wind has on it.

I'd honestly give the R22 some more time to get the kinks worked out. It's a great gun, but on a basis of reliability, I'd go with the G22.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Well,
 After playing with the Walther G-22 this weekend I can say I love it !!

I put about 400 rounds through it and no FTF etc.

One thing however, you should gently put the mags in, not slam them. Pushing them in to hard
has a tendancy to push the first round verticle for some reason.

I was using CCI MiniMag and some Federal stuff.

The action got smoother the more it broke in. It really is a blast,and my son loved it !

Highly recommened.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:20:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Beware the take down instructions: To clean action/barrel knock the two pins out of the side of the action housing so it may be removed.

Only problem is it's in text only and there's 15 pins
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Got mine for christmas, blak wit h the laser and LEFT HANDED. My daughter and I both being south paws this rifle is a treat for us it is left handed. The trigger is a bit longer than on my varmiters but then the bullpup design does not seem to lend itself to target quality triggers.  That said it is easy to control once you get the feel for it. Shooting Fedral stull at the range yesterday  I had 3 failures of the bolt to come forward in the first 40 rounds , a simple backwareds pull on the bolt cured this. After the first 40 it ran like a clock. I like the bullpup design because it is so compact. Next week I intend to file a Form 4 and order a gemtech can for it and aging the bulpup design seems ideal for absorbing the length of the can.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:33:39 AM EDT
[#12]
I am still having lots of fun.

This guy has a great deal on mags, I just recieved a bunch from him.

Here is his email   [email protected]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top