Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2005 5:46:55 PM EDT
I called them today after researching their rifles.  I would really like to see the 5.7 upper in .17HMR with the same P90 mags.  The person I talked to about the HM2 rifle said that the R22 can be set up for Hornady ammo or CCI.  The pressure curve is so different you can't use both.  I'd like to know which one will also cycle the Aguila ammo.  I've seen an article on the net that shows a 10/22 with a Mach 2 conversion shooting the Aguila and shooting it well with out problems.  I say this because the ammo is cheaper.  

I was also told that the uppers are atleast a month out and the Mach 2 is sold out for atleast a month.  

Here's my christmas wish.  I want a rifle for around $500 that shoots 1" groups at 100yds praire dog deadly out to 200yds that utilizes existing high cap mags.  I really like the P90 mag upper idea.  

Also my only problem with the R22 is the factory standard Ar15 trigger.  A decent trigger will cost you more than 20% of the cost of the rifle but I like the pistol grip.  Regardless I will buy a mach 2 when ever i can get one.  You can build a 10/22 for the same price as the rifle.  

Thank you Mr. Rhineland
Link Posted: 12/12/2005 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I called them today after researching their rifles.  I would really like to see the 5.7 upper in .17HMR with the same P90 mags.  The person I talked to about the HM2 rifle said that the R22 can be set up for Hornady ammo or CCI.  The pressure curve is so different you can't use both.  I'd like to know which one will also cycle the Aguila ammo.  I've seen an article on the net that shows a 10/22 with a Mach 2 conversion shooting the Aguila and shooting it well with out problems.  I say this because the ammo is cheaper.  

I was also told that the uppers are atleast a month out and the Mach 2 is sold out for atleast a month.  

Here's my christmas wish.  I want a rifle for around $500 that shoots 1" groups at 100yds praire dog deadly out to 200yds that utilizes existing high cap mags.  I really like the P90 mag upper idea.  

Also my only problem with the R22 is the factory standard Ar15 trigger.  A decent trigger will cost you more than 20% of the cost of the rifle but I like the pistol grip.  Regardless I will buy a mach 2 when ever i can get one.  You can build a 10/22 for the same price as the rifle.  

Thank you Mr. Rhineland

I don't think there will be a magazine built similar to the P90 magazine for the .17 HMR due to the HMR being a rimmed cartridge and can't be stacked like the FN 5.7 cartridge which is a rimless straight sided cartridge.

I'm not sure but I believe there was a problem with the R22 and the CCI ammo due to the pressure problem blowing the rims out. The Hornady ammo worked OK but it is strange since CCI makes the Hornady ammo -- must be different powder being used.

The .17 Aguila can be fired in a .17 Mach2 chamber but I've tried only one magazine load in my semi-auto and it didn't seem to have the accuracy of the Mach2 round although it did operate the 10/22 action set up for the Mach2. Believe it or not it doesn't blow the .17 Aguila cartridge out straight when fired in the Mach2 chamber.

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 7:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The last part didn't come out right.  By saying that the rifle cost as much as a built 10/22 I meant you get the same preformance out of a much cooler rifle that accepts the same high cap mags.  My christmas wish is that the big manufacturers would follow suite and someone would start making high cap mags for everything not just pistols and the same prebans.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top