Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 7:43:22 AM EDT
Just picked up an older 10/22 with a 5 digit serial number, no prefix. I figure it's pretty old as the forend tip has a backwards cut at the top-instead of the nose being square it's angled back towards the receiver.

Just wondering if anyone had an idea to its age.

TIA
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe Ruger's website has a SN/date table--go root around in there.

I have a 5 digit 10/22 and it was made in 1966. Sounds like you might have a Deluxe version--walnut stock, no barrel band, and some checkering? Or it could be some kind of aftermarket stock.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:04:18 AM EDT
[#2]
No, standard stock. IIRC the older 10/22's stocks were like this. OTOH, maybe the previous owner did a little work on it? He carved the stock a bit to get a better cheek weld with the scope-that's why I only paid $100- for it. It looks like it's been shot less than the one I already have. And I have the old stock from mine to put on-my old one has been in a folder since 1985ish.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the link to Ruger's serial number list on their web site.  From that list it would a 1966 or a 67 model.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, Big-Bore-looks like 1966! Only a year younger than me!

TJ
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks, Big-Bore-looks like 1966! Only a year younger than me!
TJ

Do you have any IDEA how old that makes me feel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top