Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2024 11:15:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PistoleroJesse]
Wilder Tactical used to make hingeing leg strap attachment to attach to the back of a UBL from Safariland. It would hold the holster when drawing, but not limit motility otherwise. I can't find it on their site any more. Maybe I'm the problem.

Any one know:
A) Where can I find one?
B) Where can I find an alternative?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Found one on Optics Planet.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 8:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Elastic band has flex and moves with you.

Just saying...
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Just saying...
View Quote

Causes chaffing with a midride. Sorry, guess I'm built wrong.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PistoleroJesse:
Originally Posted By WTFShane:

Just saying...

You're probably not: thigh straps suck ass.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 12:00:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's what I went with for both my Safariland UBL's (mid) and G-Code holster mounts.  Very good boss, serve you long time.......................

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/New-Thigh-Strap/
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:55:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#9]

@0100010

The link you posted does not work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:05:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CAsoldier] [#10]
Leg straps are a symptom of a bigger problem. If you need one, your draw sucks or your belt does.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WTFShane] [#11]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
Leg straps are a symptom of a bigger problem. If you need one, your draw sucks or your belt does.
View Quote

Not to argue with you, but if I (and others) choose to install and run one if needed for extra assurance.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:23:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
View Quote

Not too say that I disagree with you, but after one too many, send you to the hospital close, run-ins with 1500lb cattle and horses, some of us have to make due the best we can with jacked up physiology.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, I for one am glad to have options.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#13]
You don't need anything like that with a mid ride UBL. You need it with low ride UBL. You don't need low ride UBL unless you are a midget, run a pistol that is longer than a Glock 34, or run an ALS/SLS combo holster.

None of these aftermarket gizmos make a low UBL rotate at the hip joint. It's a fixed plate. That is the problem. Just get a single drop strap 6004 attachment if you NEED a lower mount and quit half assing it with a low UBL. It is actually going to bend right under the belt that way.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:15:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sparky-kb] [#14]
Originally Posted By DevL:
You don't need anything like that with a mid ride UBL. You need it with low ride UBL. You don't need low ride UBL unless you are a midget, run a pistol that is longer than a Glock 34, or run an ALS/SLS combo holster.

None of these aftermarket gizmos make a low UBL rotate at the hip joint. It's a fixed plate. That is the problem. Just get a single drop strap 6004 attachment if you NEED a lower mount and quit half assing it with a low UBL. It is actually going to bend right under the belt that way.
View Quote

The flex under the belt is necessary for me.  I have really long arms and prefer to have my holster dropped a little bit. I have my 6354DO mounted as high as it can be on a Safariland Drop Flex Adapter.  Also use an old 6004 shroud that I chopped to be single strap and trimmed a lot of the extra material off.  Bends with me as much as I need it to and also stays stable while running.  That setup works really well for me and I can't find any reason to change it.
Top Top