Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2023 8:07:10 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend me a line of Velcro backed pouches? So far I've found Condors "QD" line, but so far I've only found a double pistol and single rifle pouches.

My intention is to organize my truck doors map pocket by lining it with Velcro, and sticking pouches were I need/want them.

Honestly not 100% sure what I want in pouches. Def 2 pistol mag pouch, and I want them to be elastic to accept different magazines. Would also like a single AR mag pouch, and probably a flashlight pouch. I'm sure I'll come up with more ideas as I go. TQ pouch prob a good idea too. IFAK will be going on the back of the Pass Headrest.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Belay that, got ahead of myself.

Followup: I know it’s Amazon and therefore Chynese, but this could fill the need.

https://a.co/d/aFygYbS
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Belay that, got ahead of myself.

Followup: I know it’s Amazon and therefore Chynese, but this could fill the need.

Amazon Link
View Quote

Link not working. For this purpose I don't mind chinesium, simply for the fact that it'll sit in a door pocket protected inside a vehicle with very little manipulation.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:28:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Too early, just got coffee.

Link should redirect now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Too early, just got coffee.

Link should redirect now.
View Quote

Nope
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 8:41:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Works just fine for me. Don’t click the one you quoted, click the correct link in my original post.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:06:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I did, brings me to superoffer . Com
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#7]
No idea why the link is jacked. Here is a direct copy from Amazon and a screen cap in the event that link is also fucked.

VIPERADE PL6 Tactical Modular Organizer, EDC Elastic Organizer Holder, EDC Insert Pouch Panel Hook Backed Accessories Holder, EDC Organizer Attachment for Backpack, Tactical Vest, EDC Bag https://a.co/d/45a84Cm

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 9:54:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Blue Force Gear, Ferro Concepts, Maxpedition and Vertx make some quality pieces; for simple use there are a variety of airsoft makers such as Emerson, Krydex and Wynex that make stuff that should work fine for what you're talking about (ex of a quick search on Mil-Spec Monkey: https://milspecmonkey.com/store/42-hook-backed?resultsPerPage=99999 and Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/hook-loop-pouches/s?k=hook+and+loop+pouches).  I've got Velcro on the back of my center console and have a Vertx mesh pouch that I like- it's actually empty at the moment as I'm reorganizing a bit.  

I bought a pair of metal MOLLE panels off ebay on sale for like $20 that clip onto my headrest posts (these, maybe they'll fit your vehicle or may you can find some designed for whatever you drive: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165626830192).  I have one on the back of the driver's seat with my trauma kit on it.  I tried the headrest Velcro panels and did not like the way they fit.  I didn't want the style that wrapped around the headrest as I didn't want it to be noticeable from the outside (the access cab windows are tinted and I have black seat covers and went with a black trauma bag with just a red cross on it); the problem was the headrest are curved so the bag didn't fit tightly meaning it didn't engage all of the Velcro.  Occasionally I'd hear the Velcro coming lose, especially bouncing around off-road.  A actually added an additional strap with a red quick release buckle as extra insurance (I'm probably a bit paranoid about securing gear inside the vehicle from working too many car crashes but also for off-roading).  

I have an Israeli trauma dressing, TQ and extra pair of gloves in my door pocket as well where I can grab them while seated (I can reach behind me and grab the kit off the back if I really need to), but they're in a Ziploc bag- I love Ziplocs and use them for organizing all sorts of stuff.  The Ziploc keeps them protected from rain or whatever, you can see the contents, write on them, etc. and you can just grab the top and they rip open easy enough.  I do not like anything on my visors, for one I use them as sun visors, but today's car manufacturers make the things so cheaply that they quickly start to sag in my experience (I'm going to have to replace or work on my driver's side soon and they don't put adjustment screws in them like they used to).
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Be advised - I have modified so many "things" with just Bare Hook (or Loop) Velcro and E-6000 Adhesive (or Shoe-Goo), it isn't even funny. The stuff holds like a MF'er - just be careful, go slow, and have a roll of paper towels handy. Let it sit for 24 hours and you are golden.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Be advised - I have modified so many "things" with just Bare Hook (or Loop) Velcro and E-6000 Adhesive (or Shoe-Goo), it isn't even funny. The stuff holds like a MF'er - just be careful, go slow, and have a roll of paper towels handy. Let it sit for 24 hours and you are golden.
View Quote

Just to add, clean the surface well first too- you have to get the interior protectant off or the stuff won't stick well (speaking from experience here- doh!  Yes, it should be common sense ).  I use some degreaser (there's some Purple Power in the garage at the moment) then I wipe the area well with denatured alcohol.  I also heat the area and the sticky on the back of the piece I'm applying slightly with a heat gun just before putting it on then let it sit for at least 24hrs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:36:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Vertx MAP velcro panels convert molle pouches to velcro.

https://vertx.com/map-quad
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:39:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I actually found a company OTTE gear. They have, for $20, a Velcro 3 mag AR and a 2 mag pistol. I think they're designed to go inside those preset up micro rigs.

I'm figuring I can do 2 pistol mags, an AR mag, and a TQ, 3rd one either cut off or left empty. Or flashlight.

I did order 2 of those metal molles headrest/visor panels. I plan on doing 1 on the pass side headrest with IFAK.

The other was gonna go in drivers visor. We'll see if I like it or not.

I saw the seat panels that clip onto the headrest rods. I was concerned they would move around a lot. Also I have the non-fullsized 4 door, so it's already tight for passengers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 12:22:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I actually found a company OTTE gear. They have, for $20, a Velcro 3 mag AR and a 2 mag pistol. I think they're designed to go inside those preset up micro rigs.

I'm figuring I can do 2 pistol mags, an AR mag, and a TQ, 3rd one either cut off or left empty. Or flashlight.

I did order 2 of those metal molles headrest/visor panels. I plan on doing 1 on the pass side headrest with IFAK.

The other was gonna go in drivers visor. We'll see if I like it or not.

I saw the seat panels that clip onto the headrest rods. I was concerned they would move around a lot. Also I have the non-fullsized 4 door, so it's already tight for passengers.
View Quote

I think the Otte gear panels are supposedly inserts for a double sided velcro placard and not meant to function as stand alone shingles. They may not cling well enough to single side velcro applications.

They have a 5.56 three mag velcro shingle that is meant to be stand alone for cumberbunds but it’s forthree AR mags.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think the Otte gear panels are supposedly inserts for a double sided velcro placard and not meant to function as stand alone shingles. They may not cling well enough to single side velcro applications.

They have a 5.56 three mag velcri shingle that is meant to be stand alone for cumberbunds but it’s fir three AR mags.
View Quote

You are 100% correct, the pistol pouch has full length Velcro, but the M4 mag pouch has a small strip at the top.

Surprisingly it holds fine. Got everything installed and I am very content.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top