BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey thank you for that. I will look for that now. I want to get my uncle some since he is on blood thinners. Just a paper cut he bleeds a lot and takes forever for him to stop bleeding. So I’ll get myself some and him too for his small kit (not a gun guy).
View Quote

If you still want to find Quik-Clot, DSG is a good source.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Seems to be understood, but whatever you do, buy these items from a reputable dealer. In the case of North American Rescue, items can often be had cheaper directly from them with an approved account.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:13:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
No love for the SWAT?
View Quote

I carry a SWAT tourniquet in either a cargo pocket or the back pocket of my pants.

When I took Stop the Bleed training, we trained on both SWAT and CAT tourniquets.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:04:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 6:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
CAT. Everyone knows how to use it. That's important in an emergency.

The RSO at my range stocked a kit with RATS. I ridiculed him mildly and pointed out that I couldn't figure how to use it, so I'd just wrap it tight and improvise a windlass. He told me how utterly simple it it, and how easy it is to self apply, then spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to stage it and apply it. I showed him my stopwatch and pointed out that he would've been dead for 7 minutes.

Commonality of gear and training is important.
View Quote

This^^^^^
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
CAT. Everyone knows how to use it. That's important in an emergency.
View Quote

My thinking as well.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't quote me on this, but I took a course from a SF medic who is now a Dr, and he unequivocally recommended the CatT 7 due to field results.  

The most important part of a TQ is it's ability to stop blood flow to an appendage consistently. The cat just works better in that regard with numbers behind it to support that. Now, some of it can be due to the military using it on the battlefield, but it works more often, and better than anything else out there.

They all have their drawbacks. Use what you want, and try your best.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top