Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2022 12:54:43 PM EDT
Does anyone know if the Safariland QLS will work with the G-Code belt attachment?

I'm not a fan of the RTI wheel or the Safariland belt loops.

Trying to get what's for me the best of both.Attachment Attached File

Edit forgot pic.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:19:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean removing the wheel and replacing with a QLS receiver?  Yes.  I think I had to redrill a hole though.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:44:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you mean removing the wheel and replacing with a QLS receiver?  Yes.  I think I had to redrill a hole though.
View Quote

Yep that's what I meant.

I take it its worked good for then?

I gave my G-Code set up to my wife so I was going to order a new gcode hanger for myself if the Safariland system would work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#3]
There are plenty of adapters for the G-Code system to make Safariland holsters work for them.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 5:41:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
There are plenty of adapters for the G-Code system to make Safariland holsters work for them.
View Quote

Guess my googlefu is severely lacking.

Would you mind posting a couple?
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 7:22:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Like this replacing the code?

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/safariland-qls-female/

Or this replacing the qls fork?

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/gca39-universal-rti-hanger/
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 8:58:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Interesting.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 9:48:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Like this replacing the code?

https://www.trex-arms.com/store/safariland-qls-female/

Or this replacing the qls fork?

https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/gca39-universal-rti-hanger/
View Quote

The qls replacing the rti.

I like the belt attachment that gcode has but not the rti.

Link Posted: 7/13/2022 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Depending on your exact pistol, there are likely many holsters and attachment systems available.

The more common one's pistol, the more likely holsters and attachment systems will be available.

I had to deal with some "Uncommon" pistols for which "modern" holsters were NOT available.

It so happened that various iterations of the Safariland/Bianchi Military holsters fitted my "uncommon" pistols; Some holsters needing some gentle and reversible mods.

I have a 6004 Kydex holster that fits my 1911 pistol like a glove.  Just to say I'm not entirely behind the times.

OTOH, I've modified some Safariland/Bianchi Military holsters to decently allow the holsters to carry pistols for which such holsters were never intended.

There is always more one way to skin a cat.

Suggest a "decent" holster is far better than no holster.

I certainly DO need to "Rationalize" my G-Code items and my Safariland items.  Leaning towards using Safariland items, and adapting G-code items with Safariland items.  Sell-off the rest.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems like I always like or want what hasn't been invented yet. ??

I like the hanger system on the gcode. It's a solid draw.

It's made like duty holsters I've used. I like how the belt will slide through without kinking up the belt like loops do.

This will be for a glock 17 so pretty common.

I've asked about safariland holsters before but don't remember what was mentioned to me and didn't subscribe to the thread. ??

Althougb the holster probably won't be removed from the belt I thought the offset might come in handy with a plate carrier.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top