Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2022 10:59:53 PM EDT
I'd like to stay with hesco since they are local and from what I've heard good folks. I have a set of 4401 in a lbt 6094 and I've found it to be a pretty comfortable setup. I backpack quite a bit so the weight on my shoulders doesn't bother me but when I add a pack, mags, and a rifle it starts adding up. I plan on keeping the 4401 and am looking for something lighter for when I'm carrying a load or want to be more mobile.

The u210 seems to check all the boxes but I wanted to explore some of lighter weight options. The 3801 and 3811 look interesting but aren't available yet. One that caught my eye was the 3800c. My biggest hangup on these is not being rated for green tip and I was wondering what exactly this means. Are we talking too much deformation or actually penetrating? They're also listed as being 1" thick vrs .5 for the u210. Weight is 2.4lbs vrs 3.9 but I'm wondering in the real world if the thinner but heavier plates would be better for packing a bunch of gear.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 12:38:38 AM EDT
[#1]
3611c
M210
U210
48xx

Those will all be lighter than your current equipment and stop green tip
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have no immediate threat, can wait another 4+ months, and have deep pockets - Wait it out for these......
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 8:12:06 AM EDT
[#3]
How much do you want to spend?  Money no cost then the 4800 series would be ideal.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you have no immediate threat, can wait another 4+ months, and have deep pockets - Wait it out for these......
View Quote

Exactly, since you already have body armor I would wait until those new plates come out from Hesco. Not that the current offering aren't great, but I know I hate it when I buy something and it's immediately followed by something new and improved coming to market.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
How much do you want to spend?  Money no cost then the 4800 series would be ideal.
View Quote

Don't really have a budget. I don't think I'd pay much more than the u210 unless there's a significant weight savings. Those are 5lbs and an inch think. I understand they offer a lot more protection but I have the 4401 for that. To be a bit more specific about usage I don't mind wearing the 4401 but when I tried them with a full size pack it was cumbersome. Add binos, rifle, and whatever else I see it being a bit much. So basically I'm looking for thin and light understanding there will be compromises in protection.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've seen those. Cost and time frame are still up in the air as far as I know. The 3801 look amazing. If they would keep out green tip my pockets could get pretty deep. That will have to wait for real world testing though. I can't imagine it will be rated for it so it's a matter of how bad the deformation is or if it punches all the way through.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top